Service Power Steering and Service ESC

I have the same issue that the OP posted, Service ESC and Service steering system, my truck has been at the dealer for 6 weeks waiting for a steering rack that is on national backorder. same thing, parked the truck, came out to no steering, 90 min later when the tow truck came it worked fine. ive been racking the miles up on a GM paid loaner. GM hasn't gotten back to me yet on a timeline when the parts are going to be available.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:48 AM, todd777 said:

This happened to me this weekend but also had a Brake System Failure message and the brakes barely worked. Thankfully I was sitting in a Starbuck's drive thru before heading on a 3 hour road trip so I was able to park the truck and call OnStar for a tow. 

I was pushing very hard on the pedal to get the truck to stop rolling. I restarted the truck a few times and the error messages remained.

I had four messages:

Service ESC

Service Trailer Brake

Brake System Failure - 62 MPH Top Speed

Steering Assist Reduced Drive with care

Lights on dash that were illuminated

ABS 

Check Engine

BRAKE

Traction Control

Truck is a 2019 Sierra Denali Ultimate 

2019 Chevy Silverado. 
same thing happening to me

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RocksRock said:

2019 Chevy Silverado. 
same thing happening to me

Exact message that I received and with absolutely minimal braking! Unfortunately it’s probably going to take someone to get seriously hurt or killed to get GM to read all the same reviews that are happening and to take them serious. There appears to be a lot of ongoing software problems with the 2019 Sierra not only this problem but with the infotainment system too!

20 minutes ago, LGB said:

Exact message that I received and with absolutely minimal braking! Unfortunately it’s probably going to take someone to get seriously hurt or killed to get GM to read all the same reviews that are happening and to take them serious. There appears to be a lot of ongoing software problems with the 2019 Sierra not only this problem but with the infotainment system too!

Call General Motors consumer affairs and have it documented.  I am not exactly sure how the recall process or TSB/service bulletin process gets started, but generally dealer techs only work with what they see at the time you bring the vehicle in, and if everything is returned to normal.

If there's no presently active codes and the symptoms are not occurring when the dealer tech examines it, there is very little they will do outside of performing whichever TSB may align with your description.  I recently had a similar experience.  Nothing found so nothing fixed.  Didn't even want to see my video because if it isn't doing it in their hands they "can't go any further."

It was explained to me that it wasn't because they didn't believe me but they can't do anything more until it acts up in their possession.  Good luck with that.  I called GM to get it documented since my warranty is expiring soon!

Edited by BlaineBug

I’ve had this happen 10+ times and haven’t bothered to take it to the dealer because I knew they’d just say they couldn’t reproduce or waste my time some other way. I usually just turn it off and back on and the codes clear and I’m on my way. Really frustrating on such an expensive, brand new truck.