Service Power Steering and Service ESC

Well, it’s been 8 days since my tuck was towed to the dealership. Called several times with little to no update. Basically they said that they couldn’t replicate the issue I was having (glad I took pictures and video).  I’ll update everything once I have it back in my possession. I just don’t feel satisfied with the explanation I have been given, especially with the number of other people experiencing the same thing. On a side note, did you know that the over bed tail light leaks into the cab of the truck? Found that out today. 

Dealer performed this recall this morning. I believe my warning lights were triggered from remote starting my truck from the myGMC app. I have tested using the remote start from the app since the recall and I have not had any warning lights since. Will update if I experience any issues.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 1.03.28 PM.png

Edited by jtrocks88

If you have PIT 5728B PLEASE go back to your/a dealership and have them re-scan it in front of you for error codes after driving it for a few days. If you would like more extensive details on why, follow the link posted and read my entire comments on page 36. Summarized version is that the even with the PIT 5728B my truck still threw a brake malfunction code as well as two others after driving it for the week. Dealership cleared them only to be provided with 4 new error codes stating that there was an issue with the update during install and the dealership was unable to re-program the new brake module. They will be contacting GM on my behalf Monday on what to do with the truck because they are stumped at this point and GM has given me the run around and is now flat out ignoring my request for a vehicle buy back or swap. I was told by two GM reps that this was not occurring in the 2020s at all only to come on here to find out PIT 5730 is the remedy for brake failure on the 2020 model. Leaning towards a buy back at this point and swapping brands.

Edited by Forrest_E

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 11:12 AM, mistaare said:

Anyone reporting their 2020’s with this issue? I am about to pull the trigger on a 2020 but this has me second guessing...

I had this happen today.  I purchased the 2020 silverado 2.7L Turbo 2 days ago with 5 miles on it.  Drove it a good amount yesterday and today and at 150 miles I hit the gas to go around a vehicle that cut me off and it felt like the engine shut down.  ESC light, brake light, tow light, and check engine light all came on.  It decelerated quickly going into a drive safe mode but I was unable to go over 20 mph.   Pulled it over, turned it off, restarted and everything went away except the check engine light.  On my way to the dealership, I gave it a little gas because I was going on a hill and it happened again.  Rinse repeat and finished my drive to the dealership, we'll see what they say.

• 3 weeks later...

just bought a 2020 trail boss LT 4 days ago, got in my truck this morning and saw check engine light on. check ESC message came up, i have exactly 300 miles on my truck so when i say brand new, i mean brand new. i myself have put maybe 100 of those miles on it in the 4 days i have had it. this should not be happening. hopefully no other problems occur but taking it to dealer at some point today...

I just had the same issue. Service esc, steering assist reduced, etc. The thing that concerns me is that I have already had the recall/reprogramming done. Has anyone else had this happen to them?  I have to drive 10 hours tomorrow with a trailer but I’m wondering if I should. 

I have a 2020 RST ,3.0 diesel.today I stopped at a restaurant for maybe 45 minutes ,came and fired the truck up and got the “service power steering “ message.I had no per sreering though the truck appeared to allow me to drive.but the was no way I was steering out of that parking lot...Not Happy.i turned the truck off and google and found this thread among others...I ended up turning the truck off and on three more times.And like it never happened it went away and I drove off.This is not a  characteristic of a dependable truck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 4:57 PM, Bgerth22 said:

I just had the same issue. Service esc, steering assist reduced, etc. The thing that concerns me is that I have already had the recall/reprogramming done. Has anyone else had this happen to them?  I have to drive 10 hours tomorrow with a trailer but I’m wondering if I should. 

I have 64000kms on my 19 trailboss. Never had an issue with this System at all. Went to dealer for something different and they did the brake recall. Now truck has all the lights on, engine power reduced, service ecs, check engine, abs lights. 

On 3/18/2020 at 4:36 AM, brendon444 said:

Have all the problems in this thread. 

Picking up my truck tomorrow after the 5th attempt to repair. Will post repair details and updates. 

Anyone else have a permanent fix? 

Contact a lemon law lawyer. 5 attempts is most likely a lemon in every state. Get rid of it ASAP. I had 3 brake failures on my 2019 and 3 repair attempts for the failures I experienced. The dealership experienced one on a repair they did (technically 4 repair attempts which is a lemon in TX) but, did not note the repair on my invoice. The dealership denied ever doing the repair when I asked them to put it on a repair order for me. When I sent them a voicemail they left me stating that the repair did not work as well as forward them an email that was sent from the service advisor that they changed the vacuum pump but I would NOT see it on my repair order the dealership offered to buy my truck back in full because they knew they were caught in a lie and I was going to lemon the truck. I work in construction and need my truck so to save time and hassle I took a 20 on an MSRP swap. So far no issues on the 20. If i have any issues before it's titled they will buy the new truck back in full.

12 hours ago, Forrest_E said:

Contact a lemon law lawyer. 5 attempts is most likely a lemon in every state. Get rid of it ASAP. I had 3 brake failures on my 2019 and 3 repair attempts for the failures I experienced. The dealership experienced one on a repair they did (technically 4 repair attempts which is a lemon in TX) but, did not note the repair on my invoice. The dealership denied ever doing the repair when I asked them to put it on a repair order for me. When I sent them a voicemail they left me stating that the repair did not work as well as forward them an email that was sent from the service advisor that they changed the vacuum pump but I would NOT see it on my repair order the dealership offered to buy my truck back in full because they knew they were caught in a lie and I was going to lemon the truck. I work in construction and need my truck so to save time and hassle I took a 20 on an MSRP swap. So far no issues on the 20. If i have any issues before it's titled they will buy the new truck back in full.

I live in Canada and the process is a lot harder than the US from what i have read. 

• Like 1