Need some advice with tuning

I have a 2016 silverado 1500 with 5.3 and have a AFE CAI and catback exhaust that I have owned since new.  I am wondering if I would be better with a diablo intune or there is a couple reputable shops close by where I can get my truck dyno tuned.  The problem that I have is that in the summer I run 305-45-22 instead of my 18 inch stock duratracs in the winter.  I am looking to clean up the transmission shifts because as of right now in my opinion it is awful compared to past GM trucks I've owned and if I can gain some hp that would be great as well.  From what I have read dyno tune is way to go but curious if the changing of the stock tires will through the tune off.  Hopefully that is not a terribly idiotic question.  Thanks for any advice in advance.

Depends on how the shop manages their dyno tunes. If they are going to do a custom tune to your ECM, how long will they support the tune and what is entailed in that support? I personally have an i3 tuner from Diablosport and paid Lew with DiabLew $150 for a custom tune and as many tweaks/support as I want for a full year. After that it's $75 for 6 months of support, up to me when I pull the trigger. What I like about the Diablo tune route is I do it in my spare time with the truck never having to be taken into a shop. The downside is I would have to pay to get my truck dyno tested to see my actual gains with all my mods/tunes. Another plus side of having your own tuner is you can adjust your tire size whenever you switch tires. But, this could also be part of what you'd get with your local shop. I would ask them for all the details on their tuning package.

You can look into Black Bear. What I like about them is that its not a basic canned tune. Plus if you want to adjust tire size just email them tell them your tire size and they will send you a tune with that tire size. You can also check and see if they will be in the area to do a tune for you.

I would get eh custom tune for the summer with my other tires.  How is the canned performance tune, does it clean up the shifting?  Thats the only thing I cannot stand with my truck is the transmsission.  SOmetimes I lean towards the dyno because each vehicle is different and could be tuned with data they get with mods I have.