Help - Won't start, service stabilitrak 4wd

Had to jump in the car this morning instead of the truck, looking for some ideas to test when I get home, Google seems to be giving me very little at the moment

Had winter tires installed yesterday, the 2 front are worn more than the rears

Unplugged the MAF last light to install a new air filter (plugged back in unless not fully seated maybe)

Pulled the dash apart last night, looking for the Sirius antenna plug to use the shark fin to connect to my Sirius One radio, all reassembled.

Drove the truck home yesterday, a couple restarts and stops along the way running errands, no issues. I never tried to start it last night after what I was doing, didn't see the need but this morning it would not start, no crank, not even clicking, and has "Service Stabilitrak" and "Service 4WD" this morning in the display.

I see no reason why the battery would be dead, but if it was, would it cause all this? Any other ideas of things to check when I get home based on the above would be appreciated.

Thanx,

Krunch

2 hours ago, krunch said:

it would not start, no crank, not even clicking

sounds like battery to me. Try to jump it. If that works with no problems, drive to auto parts store for new battery.

you're sure there's no wiring you cut or damaged that would create a short, that could have drained the battery? I'd verify that before you kill a brand new one.

1 hour ago, 2017Darkness said:

We see batteries do this all the time. The new batteries they put in vehicles these day just go, no warning, no click, just dead. If the modules do not see enough voltage, they will throw lights on the dash. Start there...

I guess that is possible but this truck is only 2 years old with 43,000 kms on it. I am going to boost / hook up the battery charger when I get home from work and go from there.

Thanx,

Krunch

1 hour ago, aseibel said:

sounds like battery to me. Try to jump it. If that works with no problems, drive to auto parts store for new battery.

you're sure there's no wiring you cut or damaged that would create a short, that could have drained the battery? I'd verify that before you kill a brand new one.

Didn't cut anything, just unplugged connectors. Will double check them.

Thanx,

Krunch

29 minutes ago, starman8tdc said:

If the battery was completely dead, you would not be getting any "service 4x4" messages. 

Try turning on the headlights - are they real bright or are they dim? Do they come on at all? 

Sounds like you may have unplugged a wire or two when you took the dash apart. 

Headlights came on automatically as the truck was in enough darkness in my garage that they "Auto" came on, they seem plenty bright to me but they are HID as well. Pretty confident I plugged everything back in when I reassembled it. I will double check.

Thanx,

Krunch

Edited by krunch

I have only had this truck for 3-4 weeks and by no means am an expert on it. Hence, why I go looking for forums about my vehicles.

based on my experience with my 02' Monte Carlo and 04' Impala, I do have a theory only at this point. Hoping to confirm it or not in the next couple of days.

I WAS going to fire up the truck real quick last night when I was finished but it was late and I said Nah, shouldn't need to for what I was tinkering with. Wish I had now because if it did, and it fired, I would totally be looking at a bad battery right now or something left on all night (But doesn't rundown battery protection still exist in GM vehicles?)

My thinking is right now that because I disconnected radio plugs and removed the device from the bus, maybe there was communication on the bus all night or something trying to talk to a device that had not been powered up since disconnected. Dunno, just a hunch.

Hope I figure out more later.

Side note, what about the MAF sensor? I wouldn't think that if that was not completely connected it would cause it to not start at all, but anything is possible I suppose.

Krunch

Tried the simplest things first, boost, nope, no different. Checked MAF, nope, plugged in right and connector locked. Pull out the display again (at least I left the trim plate off) FOUND IT!

*Facepalm*

didnt think I had that many beer last night. Left the white connectors off on the left.

I do appreciate everyone jumping in with suggestions, that’s what I love about vehicle forums ?

Thanx,

Krunch

13CDF00E-2966-4C19-8745-1985FAE5DF6E.jpeg

• 1 year later...

I’ve been reading forums about the issues people go through with their trucks and it’s different from my problems. I replaced the battery /alternator and my vehicle won’t crank over. The weird thing is before I even put the key in the ignition or open the door , my warning chimes goes off from the inside. I check the fuses and I think they may be ok. I think it may be the ecm because on the display it says service everything (4 wheel drive/air bag/stabilitrak 

• 6 months later...

I have had the same issue, I was driving getting on the highway and hit a couple of minor pot holes ...then on the highway my Speedo and rom drop I couldn’t tell how fast I was going and the steering stiffened up... I got the service stability trac and service 4x4 warming. I pulled over and turned it off and tried to turn it back on.. it wouldn’t crank... I tapped the starter and tried again... it started except now I had an engine light along with the warnings... I was able to make it to work.. once i was leaving work my truck did not start... I ordered a starter switched it out and it worked 4-5 times that day then it wouldn’t crank again I got another starter ... it wouldn’t crank ... I’m lost 

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, Pksesq said:

Having the same problem. Im wondering if Eduenez ever figured out what the issue was?

Welcome to the site.

Don't think we will ever know, he was one post and never came back.

If you hover your mouse above the members avatar, you will see when they were last active.

I would suggest starting a new post, give as much detail about your truck, and what it is doing the best that you can, you will get some good replies. Lots of knowledgeable members on the site that are always happy to help. 

Good luck!