Gun Safe for Center Console?

I believe there is a factory option for one. Do you know of any aftermarket ones or ideas to have a lock on it?  Even if I had a way to have someone match the lock to my factory key, pulling it out of the key fob each time seems crazy. I have a 6 & 8 year old so it needs to be locked and I can unlock when I am in the truck by myself.

Thank you for any ideas or suggestions.

I have the SpeedVault but in my bedroom, behind a curtain. Its great, not easily seen and drops down very quick. Not sure where you can mount that inside the truck but there are ones i seen that gets mounted inside the center console. In the $200 range i believe. 

Go to www.shopchevyparts.com and under cargo management they have what appears to be the same vault as lockerdown has.  This is the same one that you can order from the factory and right now it is on sale for $187.50 and it comes with a combination lock.  That price is about $100 less than Lockerdown.  Another good option is to get the gun magnet from Lockerdown that you can attach to the inside of the vault so your handgun is in a vertical position and not laying on the bottom of the vault. 

Edited by RivieraGS
wording change

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2018 at 1:48 PM, RivieraGS said:

Go to www.shopchevyparts.com and under cargo management they have what appears to be the same vault as lockerdown has.  This is the same one that you can order from the factory and right now it is on sale for $187.50 and it comes with a combination lock.  That price is about $100 less than Lockerdown.  Another good option is to get the gun magnet from Lockerdown that you can attach to the inside of the vault so your handgun is in a vertical position and not laying on the bottom of the vault. 

That does look like the same unit. 

For anyone one who has installed this, are yo able to rage the small storage tray in? I5 looks like there is a gap between the security insert and the front of the console. 

That does look like the same unit. 

For anyone one who has installed this, are yo able to rage the small storage tray in? I5 looks like there is a gap between the security insert and the front of the console. 

The vault completely fills the storage area but, there is about 3 inches from the top of the vault to the top of the sides of the console.  Rubber Maid makes some drawer dividers that will lock together that are 2 inches high that could sit on top of the vault if that works for you.  I used a 6" by 9" in the bottom of the vault just for a little organization.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 8:26 AM, RivieraGS said:

The vault completely fills the storage area but, there is about 3 inches from the top of the vault to the top of the sides of the console.  Rubber Maid makes some drawer dividers that will lock together that are 2 inches high that could sit on top of the vault if that works for you.  I used a 6" by 9" in the bottom of the vault just for a little organization.

That makes sense. I appreciate the info. I’ll hav to check that out.