Jump to content

t76turbo

Tire size input for drop on 22's.

Recommended Posts

My 2016 LT standard cab came with 285/45/22 Toyo Proxes STII's on some aftermarket wheels.  It was lowered by the PO with a full McGauphys kit including spindles, struts, rear flip kit with hanger.  I think it ends up being around a 4.25/6 drop.

 

The front was rubbing frequently on dips in the road.  So I just added 1/4 strut spacers which yielded about 1/2inch lift in the front.  Just enough to give me some breathing room on the rubbing.  It worked very well. 

 

I am looking to get new wheels.  The tires I have now are really nice tires and basically brand new.  Truck only has 4800 miles and the tires werent on from the factory.  So probably a couple thousand miles on them.  But I think the size is off.  I want a little lower profile because they just look a little too tall.  Even though I hate to buy tires when what I have are very nice.

 

What tire size do you run with 22's on a lowered truck around this height????

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS  The 285/45/22's come out to be about 32 inches tall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am lowered 3/5 I think and have 24" 295-35-24 rub on top only in hard bumps. Now have air bag and overload leaf removed. and traction bars.

I would guess you have no helper bag? 

I would have ran a 40 with that or maybe 305 tire. 

I'm looking to down size to 22" ASAP and want 305 but need to pick rim first to get idea of BS and width. Like 9.5 min and 10" would be perfect. 

Be nice to know the stock tire your truck had to know how far off in any your tune is?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No helper bag. No towing with this truck. 

 

I was was doing the math in discount tires calculator and a 285/40 looked pretty good. Want to maintain some sidewalk for ride quality. But the 45 is a little too much. Looks ok. But could look better. 

 

Not it sure what size the truck came with exactly but I put a DiabloSport tuner on it and have corrected the speedo with that. So it should be good. 

 

I definitely like the idea of a little more width. I think I did the math on one of the 305 tire sizes I saw in maybe toyos website. It looked like it would work well. Just not sure if it would cause rubbing. 

 

 

I am am still looking for wheels too.  My truck is all blacked out. The wheels now are chrome. I’m not a big fan of chrome. Not a big fan if black either but I may embrace the blacked out theme and go for black Dub Futures. They are pretty light and not too flashy. We will see. 

ED84CECD-0022-4A54-AD84-4721E476E0E1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is my favorite for that color and cab truck 

Image result for 22 snowflake wheels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

265 40 front and 285 40 rear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, t76turbo said:

No helper bag. No towing with this truck. 

 

I was was doing the math in discount tires calculator and a 285/40 looked pretty good. Want to maintain some sidewalk for ride quality. But the 45 is a little too much. Looks ok. But could look better. 

 

Not it sure what size the truck came with exactly but I put a DiabloSport tuner on it and have corrected the speedo with that. So it should be good. 

 

I definitely like the idea of a little more width. I think I did the math on one of the 305 tire sizes I saw in maybe toyos website. It looked like it would work well. Just not sure if it would cause rubbing. 

 

 

I am am still looking for wheels too.  My truck is all blacked out. The wheels now are chrome. I’m not a big fan of chrome. Not a big fan if black either but I may embrace the blacked out theme and go for black Dub Futures. They are pretty light and not too flashy. We will see. 

ED84CECD-0022-4A54-AD84-4721E476E0E1.jpeg

Anything but black wheels please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My vote would be for the Niche m1927f1c7093d8c5244f496c9fcc9e7b222f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

this is my favorite for that color and cab truck 

Image result for 22 snowflake wheels

 

 

I do do like those. I have a hook up for very good quality replicas. Was even thinking TBSS wheels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nasty said:

Anything but black wheels please

 

 

I know. I have always been resistant to black wheels in general much less on a black vehicle. Some friends are harassing me to do black. 

 

I can can always change as long as I keep the tire size the same so I am not buying new wheels every time. 

Edited by t76turbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, t76turbo said:

 

 

I know. I have always been resistant to black wheels in general much less on a black vehicle. Some friends are harassing me to do black. 

 

I can can always change as long as I keep the tire size the same so I am not buying new wheels every time. 

Just an opinion.  Black wheels to me look cheap and a "last resort" like 10 years ago when people started plasti dipping wheels or painting them flat black. It just looks horrible to me ever since then

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.