Tire size input for drop on 22's.

My 2016 LT standard cab came with 285/45/22 Toyo Proxes STII's on some aftermarket wheels.  It was lowered by the PO with a full McGauphys kit including spindles, struts, rear flip kit with hanger.  I think it ends up being around a 4.25/6 drop.

The front was rubbing frequently on dips in the road.  So I just added 1/4 strut spacers which yielded about 1/2inch lift in the front.  Just enough to give me some breathing room on the rubbing.  It worked very well. 

I am looking to get new wheels.  The tires I have now are really nice tires and basically brand new.  Truck only has 4800 miles and the tires werent on from the factory.  So probably a couple thousand miles on them.  But I think the size is off.  I want a little lower profile because they just look a little too tall.  Even though I hate to buy tires when what I have are very nice.

What tire size do you run with 22's on a lowered truck around this height????

I am lowered 3/5 I think and have 24" 295-35-24 rub on top only in hard bumps. Now have air bag and overload leaf removed. and traction bars.

I would guess you have no helper bag? 

I would have ran a 40 with that or maybe 305 tire. 

I'm looking to down size to 22" ASAP and want 305 but need to pick rim first to get idea of BS and width. Like 9.5 min and 10" would be perfect. 

Be nice to know the stock tire your truck had to know how far off in any your tune is?

• Thanks 1

No helper bag. No towing with this truck. 

I was was doing the math in discount tires calculator and a 285/40 looked pretty good. Want to maintain some sidewalk for ride quality. But the 45 is a little too much. Looks ok. But could look better. 

Not it sure what size the truck came with exactly but I put a DiabloSport tuner on it and have corrected the speedo with that. So it should be good. 

I definitely like the idea of a little more width. I think I did the math on one of the 305 tire sizes I saw in maybe toyos website. It looked like it would work well. Just not sure if it would cause rubbing. 

I am am still looking for wheels too.  My truck is all blacked out. The wheels now are chrome. I’m not a big fan of chrome. Not a big fan if black either but I may embrace the blacked out theme and go for black Dub Futures. They are pretty light and not too flashy. We will see. 

ED84CECD-0022-4A54-AD84-4721E476E0E1.jpeg

1 hour ago, t76turbo said:

No helper bag. No towing with this truck. 

I was was doing the math in discount tires calculator and a 285/40 looked pretty good. Want to maintain some sidewalk for ride quality. But the 45 is a little too much. Looks ok. But could look better. 

Not it sure what size the truck came with exactly but I put a DiabloSport tuner on it and have corrected the speedo with that. So it should be good. 

I definitely like the idea of a little more width. I think I did the math on one of the 305 tire sizes I saw in maybe toyos website. It looked like it would work well. Just not sure if it would cause rubbing. 

I am am still looking for wheels too.  My truck is all blacked out. The wheels now are chrome. I’m not a big fan of chrome. Not a big fan if black either but I may embrace the blacked out theme and go for black Dub Futures. They are pretty light and not too flashy. We will see. 

ED84CECD-0022-4A54-AD84-4721E476E0E1.jpeg

Anything but black wheels please

36 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

this is my favorite for that color and cab truck 

Image result for 22 snowflake wheels

I do do like those. I have a hook up for very good quality replicas. Was even thinking TBSS wheels. 

1 hour ago, Nasty said:

Anything but black wheels please

I know. I have always been resistant to black wheels in general much less on a black vehicle. Some friends are harassing me to do black. 

I can can always change as long as I keep the tire size the same so I am not buying new wheels every time. 

Edited by t76turbo

35 minutes ago, t76turbo said:

I know. I have always been resistant to black wheels in general much less on a black vehicle. Some friends are harassing me to do black. 

I can can always change as long as I keep the tire size the same so I am not buying new wheels every time. 

Just an opinion.  Black wheels to me look cheap and a "last resort" like 10 years ago when people started plasti dipping wheels or painting them flat black. It just looks horrible to me ever since then

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1