Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning

So according to my build sheet my 2018 Sierra 1500 Denali has Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning.  Except I can’t find any setting or anything anywhere remotely related to LDW.  Only LKA.  

Can anyone confirm if the reference to LDW is a misprint in the “Getting to know your 2018 Denali” booklet?

Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure WarningF (LD Models Only)
The system may help avoid collisions due to unintentional lane departures. The Lane Keep Assist indicator is green if the system is available to assist. If the vehicle approaches a detected lane marking without using a turn signal in that direction, the system may assist by gently turning the steering wheel and displaying an amber .
If active driver steering is not detected, the amber may flash and the Safety Alert Seat may pulse or beeps may sound (if selected) on the side of the departure direction as the lane marking is crossed. In order to use this system safely, the driver needs to steer and be in complete control of the vehicle.
Press the Lane Keep Assist button on the center of the instrument panel to turn the system on or off.

Edited by BillK01

I also have a 18 Denali 1500 with the same feature (LKA), the warning works in two ways:

1.  The light in the cluster changes to orange and you eventually get a message to "Take Steering Wheel".

2.  Depending on your settings it either beeps or your seat vibrates on the side where you run over the line.

The setting for the alarm type is in the radio under Vehicle.  Took me a bit to figure it out, whatever setting you pick will also apply to the Park Aid.

2 hours ago, 71_340 said:

I also have a 18 Denali 1500 with the same feature (LKA), the warning works in two ways:

1.  The light in the cluster changes to orange and you eventually get a message to "Take Steering Wheel".

2.  Depending on your settings it either beeps or your seat vibrates on the side where you run over the line.

The setting for the alarm type is in the radio under Vehicle.  Took me a bit to figure it out, whatever setting you pick will also apply to the Park Aid.

Can you confirm for me exactly when the LDW goes off for you?  I haven't been able to get it to do anything so far - but I've only been on 2 lane roads and not a 4 lane highway with passing lanes. 

If I let the truck start drifting over the double yellow line the green LKA changes to amber - then if I go halfway over the double yellow line into the other lane it changes back to green and that's it!?!?  No seat vibration or anything (seat does vibrate via the parking sonar so I know that is working.)

Edited by BillK01

• 2 weeks later...

The feature has to "see" the lanes on the road in order for it to work. When you have LKA switched to on and once it spots the lanes on the road, you'll get a green icon on your display (looks like a highway with a lane in the middle). That's when it is active and will steer you back toward the middle of your lane. The icon will also turn yellow before it takes control of your steering. It will periodically not see the lanes on the road and the icon will disappear when that happens. The Lane departure warning is part of that same option and it either beeps, vibrates the seat or does nothing depending on how you have it set.

Edited by '17 Sierra
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 8:01 AM, BillK01 said:

No seat vibration or anything (seat does vibrate via the parking sonar so I know that is working.)

Is the seat option turned on in your settings for LDA? I've got mine turned off because I don't like it, you can turn it on and off.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies guys.  My LDW does seem to be working - it just happens to not be very good is all.  

My only other experience with LKA and LDW until now has been my wife’s 2016 Toyota Highlander Limited and my dad’s 2017 Lexus RX350.  There’s honestly no comparison whatsoever between the systems on those 2 vehicles vs the GMC.  

Any way it’s not a huge deal to me since my F150 never had either system.  I was more concerned that there was something wrong with mine that should be fixed under warranty.  

Edited by BillK01

• 1 year later...

How do you turn off the “take the steering wheel” alert? Mine is ridiculous. If I grip the wheel anywhere other than “10 and 2”, it goes off. Very annoying and completely unnecessary. 

• 1 month later...

I have a 2019 GMC Yukon SLT with lane keep assist.  I have never been able to get the system to audibly alert me to swaying from my lane intentionally and I have tested it out plenty.  The electric steering does work and will try to steer me back, also the lane keep icon will change from green to yellow.  But I have never been able to hear an audible alert, nor have I ever experienced the alert to "take steering."  If I go over the line without signaling, the icons will just turn off and that is all that happens.

In my touch screen menu, I have collision alert set to audible and not seat vibration.  Every other sound seems to be working including parking sensors which beep front or rear depending on where the obstruction is detected.

Edited by BlaineBug