My wife's GMC Canyon has an oil leak. It is still under bumper to bumper and we have a platinum gm protection plan. The dealership is saying that GM isn't reimbursing then you rental cars so they are only offering service loaners. They didn't have any available last night so I couldn't leave the truck. I feel like if they are going to offer rental car loaners they should have more than 12 available or have rental cars as a backup.

Has anyone else has trouble recently getting a service loaner?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My dealership offers only rentals.  They don't maintain any loaners.  It kind of makes sense, as rental car companies are better equipped to deal with fluctuating demand. 

when I had to drop my truck off for an overnight stay I had it scheduled with a loaner lined up. They gave me a new 2018. Did you have an appointment or just walk in?

Their trick didn't work on me, as I still took my 15 back home the next day.

When my dealership runs out of loaners, they send folks over using their shuttle to a nearby Enterprise Car Rental.  I have to give Enterprise a CC and they put a $50 pre-auth but when I return it, they remove it and bill the dealership.

I had made an appointment a week ago and told them I would need a loaner. They claim the service writer didn't put it on the calendar.

They also said that Enterprise isn't dealing with GM. So everyone on here saying that they got an Enterprise car is helpful. The old owners would do that with Enterprise, but the new owners don't seem to want to.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The dealerships are under no obligation to provide you with a loaner or rental.  The good ones will.  My dealership doesn't offer loaners now a days, but they do put the warranty customers in a rental from Enterprise (Enterprise comes and picks you up at the Dealership)  I have gone to dealerships where they simply said "Sorry we don't have any available, but our courtesy shuttle can drop you off, if you'd like."   And of course I never returned to that specific dealership again, but as someone once said- they are under no obligation to give you a loaner or pay for a rental, even if your vehicle is still under warranty.  Contrary to popular belief. 

• 1 month later...

The dealership I deal with gives loaners, they just don't have enough.  They also only go as large as a Tahoe or 1500 so for me nothing equivalent to my 3500.  They've had loaners unavailable enough that I'm over 5 weeks of paying out of pocket for a rental in the last year.