Tick

As stated vacuum pump but that is easy to check. then I would pull the valve covers and look over everything. But also do it only do this in v4? What is your oil pressure? 

If it is you HPFP I would think about looking into that ASAP. there has been fires. All of this can be checked in the software.

After dealer gave me there last line of bs I would take it home and strip it down and find out whats up. 

11 hours ago, Bwoodkid said:

Help me out,  already been in for bad lifters replace left side well that's what they said.   noise is still there.  Now they're saying its the high pressure fuel pump and its normal??  not buying it.

tic.MOV

I think we both had our trucks fixed around the same time a few months ago? 

I just noticed 2 days ago on cold start its knocking again although not as loud.  Its also seeming to come from the other side now.   Ugh...

If it sounds like your blinker is on, it's the vacuum pump.  My truck only has 600 miles on it and it's been like this from day one.  I finally go in on Saturday for them to officially diagnose the sound.  Here is a video of mine.  It's the metallic/intermittent sound that sounds like the blinker is on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, haider320 said:

If it sounds like your blinker is on, it's the vacuum pump.  My truck only has 600 miles on it and it's been like this from day one.  I finally go in on Saturday for them to officially diagnose the sound.  Here is a video of mine.  It's the metallic/intermittent sound that sounds like the blinker is on.

no,  mine sounds like a sewing machine

19 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

As stated vacuum pump but that is easy to check. then I would pull the valve covers and look over everything. But also do it only do this in v4? What is your oil pressure? 

If it is you HPFP I would think about looking into that ASAP. there has been fires. All of this can be checked in the software.

After dealer gave me there last line of bs I would take it home and strip it down and find out whats up. 

before they "Replaced" the left side lifters the noise would start just after cold start after idles down.  it would go away after warmed up.  after the did the work it was fine for a couple days and then the same noise started.  Now the noise is just after the engine turns over and almost goes away after warm up.  to me it sounds like its coming from the front left side of engine.  Gonna borrow a Stethoscope from work and **** with it.

2 minutes ago, haider320 said:

Sewing machine sound are the injectors.  Do a search.  Plenty of people complain about the sewing machine sound.  It's normal with DI engine.

yeah I know the DI sound.  this noise is much louder.   and it started around 25K miles. 

4 hours ago, Bwoodkid said:

before they "Replaced" the left side lifters the noise would start just after cold start after idles down.  it would go away after warmed up.  after the did the work it was fine for a couple days and then the same noise started.  Now the noise is just after the engine turns over and almost goes away after warm up.  to me it sounds like its coming from the front left side of engine.  Gonna borrow a Stethoscope from work and **** with it.

Let me know what you find out.  In January after the holidays Ill probably bug my service guy again.  Im just gonna drive this thing WFO til she blows LOL.