Bed mat

I bought a Westin bed mat off ebay. Cost me $70 shipped. 

I have a plastic drop in bed liner and just trimmed the bed mat to fit in the plastic liner. Works good to keep stuff from sliding around.

Thanks I will check that out. I really like the bed bugs but I can't pay $200 for one right now.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

This Dee Zee Matt is on Amazon now for $80 and has great reviews. Wanted to order one last night but wife said no. [emoji849]
Screenshot_20190104-055751.thumb.png.c06bccb11113e194fd77fa20817ea5a9.png
Hmm. My wife never says no to anything I order because I don't ask her.
I looked at those. I may get one later on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/28/2018 at 8:12 AM, ammoaddict said:

I searched for a discussion on bed mats but didn't find anything.

I need a mat for my 2018 Sierra to keep things from sliding around. It has the factory spray in liner.

I was wondering what some of you guys have and how you like them. I don't want to spend a lot of money on one either.

Thanks

Not sure what you really want here, as mentioned in several replies the DeeZee Mat is a great and inexpensive way to augment your spray in. Unless you go the conveyor belt route I don’t see how you could find a better more affordable way to meet your goal of keeping things from sliding. The Bed Rug is a wonderful albeit rather expensive way to go but if you ever want to even throw a lawn mower in the bed you’re gonna cringe at getting that thing all dirty. I know, I had one...loved it until I got it dirty and wet. A lot of high end covers don’t leak...others do so keep that in mind. Wet = musty in most cases.

Edited by SS502

Not sure what you really want here, as mentioned in several replies the DeeZee Mat is a great and inexpensive way to augment your spray in. Unless you go the conveyor belt route I don’t see how you could find a better more affordable way to meet your goal of keeping things from sliding. The Bed Rug is a wonderful albeit rather expensive way to go but if you ever want to even throw a lawn mower in the bed you’re gonna cringe at getting that thing all dirty. I know, I had one...loved it until I got it dirty and wet. A lot of high end covers don’t leak...others do so keep that in mind. Wet = musty in most cases.
Yep, the Dee Dee and Westin are the cheapest. If money wasn't tight I would get the bedrug. I'm not planning on hauling anything dirty or wet in it. I have a utility trailer and an old f150 for hauling crap. The Sierra is mostly going to be a weekend and vacation truck and for hauling 3 grand kids.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ammoaddict said:

Yep, the Dee Dee and Westin are the cheapest. If money wasn't tight I would get the bedrug. I'm not planning on hauling anything dirty or wet in it. I have a utility trailer and an old f150 for hauling crap. The Sierra is mostly going to be a weekend and vacation truck and for hauling 3 grand kids.

Just FYI -- you didn't say which bed length you have but if you get just the "classic" Bedrug for the shorty bed (just the mat for the bottom which is what the DeeZee and Westin ones are) the MSRP is only around $105:

https://bedrug.com/bedrug-classic-bed-mat

https://www.americantrucks.com/bedrug-bed-mat-07117-sil.html?utm_content=AT Exterior - Bed Accessories|BedRug&T5_Var4=S103671-A&utm_campaign=ATS+Silverado+No+Vehicle+High&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&T5_Var3=silver&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImZ3KiezU3wIVFbbACh2-uwGkEAYYAiABEgJsi_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have had a bed mat in my truck for 2 years now. I believe it's the Dee Zee brand. Got mine off Auto Anything for I think around $80 with a coupon code. My original plan was to get the mat until I broke down and spent the money on a bed liner but I like it so much that I still haven't done that and don't really plan to at this point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for all the links. Mine is Sierra 1500 crew with the short bed. The bedrugs for the drop in liners are $100 or less. The ones for the spray in liners are $159, I don't know why they are more. The ones with the tailgate extension are $299. Don't make sense to me. I ordered a tailgate seal, so I don't need the extension now.

I have the deezee mat as well. Got it for roughly $80. Works great, definitely keeps loose items in place. Dont like how debris gets under it though. But I have a feeling debris will get underneath any of the bed mats or rugs

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 4:13 PM, ammoaddict said:

The bedrugs for the drop in liners are $100 or less. The ones for the spray in liners are $159, I don't know why they are more. 

It's because of the shape of the foam underneath.  On the ones for drop-in liners the underside of the BedRug is just flat.  On the ones for spray-in liners the ribs in your truck bed still show up so the underside of the BedRug is shaped like a mirror image to fit into the ridges/ribs.  Hope this makes sense ...

It's because of the shape of the foam underneath.  On the ones for drop-in liners the underside of the BedRug is just flat.  On the ones for spray-in liners the ribs in your truck bed still show up so the underside of the BedRug is shaped like a mirror image to fit into the ridges/ribs.  Hope this makes sense ...
It does make sense. Thanks for letting me know that.