'17 2500hd 6.0L Long Tube Headers?

Ok, I have looked for quite some time and have failed to come up with any company that makes long tube headers for my 2017 2500hd 6.0l. Can any one of you lead me in the direction of this product? I was really hoping that Kook made them, but only for the 1500.

1 hour ago, Biggerdogg01 said:

I can't believe these headers are so hard to find. I was hoping one of you experts would have answered me right away...….

Because the ecms in these trucks are complete garbage to tune and very few buyers get a gas HD to modify it lol.  Companies don't make parts there is zero market for.  

Yes I commented in the header thread linked and I have a set of speed engineering long tubes I bought along with a cam to do in my 17.  I won't with as much of a pain as the ecm is though so they can be reused elsewhere.

2011 to 2019 is all the same parts.

Edited by SierraHD17

41 minutes ago, SierraHD17 said:

Because the ecms in these trucks are complete garbage to tune and very few buyers get a gas HD to modify it lol.  Companies don't make parts there is zero market for.  

Yes I commented in the header thread linked and I have a set of speed engineering long tubes I bought along with a cam to do in my 17.  I won't with as much of a pain as the ecm is though so they can be reused elsewhere.

SierraHD17, I understand that you do not like this ECM and have issues with tuning, but as I have posted in my Whipple SC post, my truck is running so good after my tuner did his magic, that I would like to go with long tubes to add to my low end. I pull a 14K 5th wheel and the more torque I can make the better. You mentioned that you have speed engineering long tubes for your '17, but would they actually fit without modification? 

Trust me, I never knock anyone's opinion, but my truck just runs awesome.

No idea. Not putting them on so buy a set and let everyone else know.  If you aren't tuning it yourself you won't know one way or another.  My truck runs and shifts awesome too.. it still has issues but you wouldn't know unless you starting playing with the tune.

Edited by SierraHD17

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:16 PM, SierraHD17 said:

Hey SierraHD17, you actually have long tube headers that fit a 2017 Silverado 2500hd 6.0l? I looked at Speed Engineering and was not able to see anything close.

On 1/9/2019 at 7:45 PM, Biggerdogg01 said:

Hey SierraHD17, you actually have long tube headers that fit a 2017 Silverado 2500hd 6.0l? I looked at Speed Engineering and was not able to see anything close.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:03 PM, Biggerdogg01 said:

You mentioned that you have speed engineering long tubes for your '17, but would they actually fit without modification? 

On 1/5/2019 at 9:46 PM, SierraHD17 said:

No idea. Not putting them on so buy a set and let everyone else know.

There is your answer Randy.  You won't get any replies on Peformancetrucks as it's a dead forum and nobody mods these trucks for good reason.  There is 2 threads about guys with headers, blowers and cams over there on 2011+ HD gas pots.  The headers they used were the 2007 to 2013 half ton long tubes which is what I bought.  But guess what..... I'm just going to get a 2010 to 2013 6.2 half ton and mod that a little instead.  Both those HD trucks ended up going back to stock and getting sold.  Fun stuff.

Edited by SierraHD17

• 3 weeks later...

The E78 is far from garbage as BiggerDogg has proven.  It’s unlike any previous GM ECM.  More like a Ford or a foreign.

it is absolutely the tuners who are at fault.  Take it to a GM ECM guy and it’s an automatic failure.  Take it to a real tuner and you are ok.  I now know the difference between actual tuners and Guys who only tune GM and aren’t really that good either.

Edited by ITS_CLN

On 1/12/2019 at 12:34 PM, SierraHD17 said:

There is your answer Randy.  You won't get any replies on Peformancetrucks as it's a dead forum and nobody mods these trucks for good reason.  There is 2 threads about guys with headers, blowers and cams over there on 2011+ HD gas pots.  The headers they used were the 2007 to 2013 half ton long tubes which is what I bought.  But guess what..... I'm just going to get a 2010 to 2013 6.2 half ton and mod that a little instead.  Both those HD trucks ended up going back to stock and getting sold.  Fun stuff.

I will not let others deter me from my success.  When others said it couldn’t be done, I showed up and built it on time and under budget.

biggerdogg has already proven you wrong and I will be right there with him backing him up.  My truck arrives soon.  It’s ok you go be a follower, a sheep.  Go mod your 6.2.  Us leaders, us Eagles will handle the 6.0L gas task.

FYI, I’m going for a thousand horse and a thousand torque at motor.  800/800 real wheel or plus.  I will not stop until it is achieved.

then once that is done we start playing with nitrous.  Just.because I want to.

Edited by ITS_CLN

On 1/27/2019 at 5:00 PM, ITS_CLN said:

I will not let others deter me from my success.  When others said it couldn’t be done, I showed up and built it on time and under budget.

biggerdogg has already proven you wrong and I will be right there with him backing him up.  My truck arrives soon.  It’s ok you go be a follower, a sheep.  Go mod your 6.2.  Us leaders, us Eagles will handle the 6.0L gas task.

FYI, I’m going for a thousand horse and a thousand torque at motor.  800/800 real wheel or plus.  I will not stop until it is achieved.

then once that is done we start playing with nitrous.  Just.because I want to.

Well you can't always get what you want. You'll learn that eventually.  Till then keep wasting your money and time. 

1 hour ago, Colossus said:

Well you can't always get what you want. You'll learn that eventually.  Till then keep wasting your money and time. 

Why are you concerned how I choose to spend my time and money anyway?

I’m sure a lot of the public sees lift kits and big tires as a waste of money.  I think $2,000 Christian Louboutins are a waste of money but you don’t see me on a fashion forum posting.

Its all good I spent $7,000 on a Whipple today and $2,000 on a lift kit.  Wasted.  Oh well.  How will I ever eat again.

On 1/28/2019 at 11:52 PM, ITS_CLN said:

Why are you concerned how I choose to spend my time and money anyway?

I’m sure a lot of the public sees lift kits and big tires as a waste of money.  I think $2,000 Christian Louboutins are a waste of money but you don’t see me on a fashion forum posting.

Its all good I spent $7,000 on a Whipple today and $2,000 on a lift kit.  Wasted.  Oh well.  How will I ever eat again.

This is the best response to attempted beef thread Ive seen in a while.  You go for yours man.  You earned the money and you get to leave it lay in 2 big, black, stinky patches laid on your nearest municipal roadway.