2019 Sierra AT4 Upfitter Connection

I checked out the Upfitter website and guide, but cannot figure out where there may be a 20amp upfitter connection with retained accessory power that I can use in the cabin somewhere (under drivers side) without me needing to get wires through the firewall.  Anyone know? I used this harness in my 2017 Silverado, but unable to see if this exists in the new body style (the harness was awesome!)

Edited by melt

For those wondering about this, I found it.  It is the 9L7 harness which is inboard of the BCM in the driver's footwell.  There are three pins that can be used for power (6,7,8) and Pin 12 is ground.  The male connector to make a pigtail is hard to purchase on its own, but I found that since I had already installed GM part, #84068618 (Tablet Holder with Charging), both headrests for the rear seat passengers, lo and behold, the male connector for the 9L7 was already in place in order to power these GM accessories, so I could leverage it for other things.

In other words, I already had what I needed and now just need to add my pigtails to that connector that is there.  May be a good avenue for those looking to get the correct connector on things. Yes, it's expensive for a connector, but at the same time, you are getting it done correctly.

Connector.JPG

Edited by melt
  • Like 1

Upon further review, I am doubting myself.  Looking at the pin layout of the connector as well as the connector of my accessory part, things are not adding up and I am wondering if this is the correct 9L7 connector or if I am reading things incorrectly.  I put together some photos and things in the attached. 

The connector I am looking at is immediately above and toward the driver seat of the BCM.  But, the layout of the 9L7 in the schematic and the pins used by the GM Accessory don't seem to align and while the instructions with the accessory say that it is the Upfitter connection, I am not sure it is the 9L7. 

9L7 2019 Sierra T1.pdf

Edited by melt

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 4:14 PM, 2k19Sierra said:

Anyone figure this out?  Would love to add some aux factory switches to keep the interior nice and clean!

You can buy a kit from the dealer to do it. I don't have the actual part number but here's a pic of the paper I got with everything. It is quite the project to install them. 

IMG_20191122_095325478.jpg

6 hours ago, Nvanzee said:

You can buy a kit from the dealer to do it. I don't have the actual part number but here's a pic of the paper I got with everything. It is quite the project to install them. 

IMG_20191122_095325478.jpg

Very helpful thank you.  Dealer had no clue this even existed....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CNADN SIERRA said:

Could I just cut an opening in my existing knee bolster for the switches?  

I suppose you could, though your a braver man than me if your willing to do that! 

On 11/23/2019 at 12:31 AM, CNADN SIERRA said:

Whats the price of the kit if I may ask?

Is it the full kit as shown in the Upfitter site?

Here’s the price from my dealer with parts required. These are parts for slate interior colour which affect the knee bolster and switch panel itself. Will post pics in a week or two once it’s installed.  These are in Canadian dollars. 

2D34B480-109C-4605-BEF7-4DE21A0380CE.jpeg