Heated seat wiring

I was swapping out my radio for the MVI upgrade to CarPlay and io6 today on my 2014 silverado LT and noticed that the wiring for heated seat controls  was behind the trim piece that plugs into a blank spot on the back of the trim piece (red circles in the picture).   I was wondering if there is a chance I can swap out seats for heated ones (just swapped out the steering wheel for heated one) or if I would have to go aftermarket if I wanted a heated seat.  I know aftermarket would be cheaper, but trying to keep OEM look.  Other idea I had was to get an aftermarket kit and see if its possible to use OEM switch and run the wiring up there.

Radio pic.jpg

In short - No.

I worked on a customer’s truck a couple of months ago. He had the same trim. We brought me heated/cooled seats and I told him that have not had the opportunity to try.

Well, I did try, landing ALL the missing wiring.

It didn’t work.

The heat/cool module lives under the passenger seat. It has a communication wire (Lin BUS #2) that goes to the BCM. The BCM doesn’t have this circuit enable so it didn’t communicate with the module.

After discussions with WAMS (www.whiteautoandmedia.com), we ran out of time with the customer to determine if the BCM could be sent and for it to be enabled.

As for using aftermarket heating elements and the OEM switches, here is a video from@Harlech on what he’s been tinkering with.

https://youtu.be/69FibPjjK_U

https://youtu.be/4ktajtBImgw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Pgamboa, thanks for that info...man that's way more complicated than I would have thought to just use the OEM switches!  Guess I'll probably just get an aftermarket kit and see if I can mount the switch in the stock location. 

• 4 years later...

Hey I have an issue with my drivers heated seat as just the bottom works and not the top, noticed under the seat the wires are hacked. Want to fix then and connect then heat shrink it. There are two black wires with a red line so I’ll match those and see ? Or do I need to find out what they do and match that ?