IPod and the Infotainment System

I have an older IPOD that I use in my other car and it works fine, but in my 2015 GMC the system will not see the songs on the IPOD.  Plugged into the USB, go to Media, it sees the IPOD but doesn't see the music.   

Any ideas on why?

I use an old hard drive iPod in my 15. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it does work, it's very laggy. I read somewhere that MyLink doesn't like the hard drive iPods, as it's made to work with flash memory type devices. 

Try a different usb cable for it. I do not have a hard drive ipod anymore nor have I used an ipod with my truck but in past experience when I connected my ipod to aftermarket radios if you have a cheap aftermarket cable they can cause some spotty issues.

I will say the mylink system in my 14 is annoying as hell. It works alright for the most part but if I shut the truck down and restart it within 15 minutes it usually will lock up the radio and not recognize the usb hard drive (it's really a 512gb SSD in a usb to sata enclosure) and I have to unplug the hard drive and plug it back in. If that doesn't work then I have to switch the radio to listen to the FM radio, wait a few minutes and then I can switch over to the media to play my music.

The little things like that and how when you get a phone call and hang up, the call screen will stay up on the 8" screen on the dash are some of the many things that annoy me about the truck.

• 2 weeks later...