Best Seat Covers

Rob R

I have searched the forum and could not find an answer to my questions. 

I am looking for a set of seat covers for my 2018 Silverado LT. It has factory cloth seats. I need a set of covers that cover the existing seats, preferably waterproof. I'll go into how I use my truck, as that's probably the best way to describe the features I need. 

My truck spends most of the week sitting - it's mostly a weekend vehicle. Primary usage on the weekend includes a 3 hour run to the Gulf Coast for a couple days. Two labs ride with us in the back on the floor. They shed like nobody's business, so there's always a ton of yellow hair that needs to be vacuumed, and it gets all over the seats.  The hair swirls around a bit when the windows are down. Down on the coast, I tow a 19 foot bay boat most weekends, and often have to climb back into the cab with we legs/feet. The bays are salt water, so I have to be careful not to get it into the seats. If I get bay water on the seats or the floor carpeting, it's sure to stink when truck sits in 90 degree heat. 

Occasionally it sees use in the fields if I'm lucky enough to get out and do some hunting/camping. I also work a good bit on cars and may bring grease back into the truck on my clothes. Lastly, my home base is Austin, so it's gonna see its fare share of BBQ, and the inevitable dropped piece of brisket or a rib. 

Given this use, what covers would you recommend? 

Thanks in Advance - 

Rob

7 minutes ago, Thumper7 said:

Headwaters seat covers. The owner used to work for marathon and then formed his own company.  He seems to offer more options.

I agree,  had the same set on my 08, 10 and 12, held up very good, seats looked like new after taking off before trade. Although they are not waterproof per se I have had wet muddy labs on them and the factory seats looked like new when removed.  Had a set on my 14 and 15 with same results except I had two labs instead of one. Still waiting on them to make them for my 2019. Paul the guy who runs the place makes an excellent product. Will buy again when available for my truck:)

I bought some Sportsman Camo covers. Can't speak on the quality yet, as their 4-week ship time suddenly changed to 8 weeks (I only purchased the front bucket seats)... Is that normal with any other brand? 4 weeks seems reasonable, but 8 is ridiculous. I'd stay away from them due to that turnaround time.

19 hours ago, bhales said:

anyone tried the Carhart ones?

I love the way the Carhart look - might do them on the back row, but I need water resistance for the front, so I'm probably going neoprene

I got a set of Coverkings for my dads '04 Silvy about five years ago. They've held up exceptionally well and still fit as snug as the day we installed them. I got the "fake" neoprene but found it to be very durable. 

On 2/12/2019 at 3:36 PM, Rob R said:

I love the way the Carhart look - might do them on the back row, but I need water resistance for the front, so I'm probably going neoprene

If you’re looking at the Carhartt take a look at the Kurgo 63” rear seat cover.  It’s a 1/3 of the price of the Carhartt and my buddy just sent his Weathetech back after seeing mine.  I would go full neoprene for your coastal trips for sure on the front. 

Edited by 4weight