Auto Shut Down Bypass

Does anyone know a way to bypass the function that shuts your truck off if you leave it running and locked.  It will shut down after 15 minutes.  I always have my dog with me and very often do the above so the a/c or heat is working.  If I leave the spare key fob inside the truck it will stay on. 

4 hours ago, Phil105 said:

Does anyone know a way to bypass the function that shuts your truck off if you leave it running and locked.  It will shut down after 15 minutes.  I always have my dog with me and very often do the above so the a/c or heat is working.  If I leave the spare key fob inside the truck it will stay on. 

It's better not to be any solution for that. Otherwise they'll steal the truck easily and run way far!

Edited by AMPRG

48 minutes ago, Pyrojodge said:

Check this out!!!

it is a terrible feature!

I saw this in another post.  Sent the guy a PM - - he still has not received a suitable resolution.  Have you noticed the GM TECH on this site has not chimed in on either mine or this other post about this problem?

I'm confident there is a way to bypass this function but need GM's blessing so as not to create warranty issues.  VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH MY FIRST GM PURCHASE AFTER 45 YEARS OF FORDS!!

I was told it is due to people pulling into their garage and, with not having to remove a key, they forget and leave the vehicle running.  For me, that "benefit" does not outweigh the inconvenience to being able to leave my truck running when sitting in hot weather.  There should be an option.

8 hours ago, Phil105 said:

I saw this in another post.  Sent the guy a PM - - he still has not received a suitable resolution.  Have you noticed the GM TECH on this site has not chimed in on either mine or this other post about this problem?

I'm confident there is a way to bypass this function but need GM's blessing so as not to create warranty issues.  VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH MY FIRST GM PURCHASE AFTER 45 YEARS OF FORDS!!

Um, my 2017 superduty does same thing. Shuts off after 10 mins without fob inside. I love my 2019 chev trailboss. Way better build then 2016 f150 I had previous 

4 hours ago, jasnak said:

I love my 2019 chev trailboss. Way better build then 2016 f150 I had previous 

It should be better, its 3 years newer than the f150!  Sadly, right now, I wish I'd kept my 14 F150 Platinum

In that other thread, there were two people who mentioned putting the truck in neutral with parking brake set. I have an 18 so I can't verify this but until there is another way around it, this may be the only viable option??

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:42 PM, Phil105 said:

Can you lock the truck with the secondary fob inside or do you leave it unlocked and rely on your dog as a deterrent to someone taking off in it? 

Edited by SS502

3 hours ago, SS502 said:

I think the OP has an issue with the system automatically shutting down, as described in the owners manual. The service department is going to tell him that it's working properly...which it is. He feels this is a terrible feature in that it has no way to over-ride the system which would allow the vehicle to sit running for multiple hours. If the concern is that people are leaving it running and thus putting their lives in jeopardy from deadly exhaust fumes then a MANUAL over-ride should be available to stop the vehicle from shutting itself off and display a message in the DIC that requires an acknowledgement to clear the message. If it was a function of the user to manually over-ride the system, then the fault for any exhaust related death should fall on the user who chose to over-ride the system. This over-ride feature could be programmed to require a manual over-ride after each engine start, in other words it would revert back to the auto shutdown feature once the user turned off the vehicle.

My response to the OP's issues in the other thread mentioned...