17 Silverado fog light adjustment

• 1 month later...

I’m having to adjust the fog light, and got down there to find what i thought was the adjuster, but when I stick a screwdriver in there to turn it, it just seems to spin freely. It doesn’t do anything. Do I torque the white portion that faces the ground? Or do I find a huge Allen Wrench and torque the portion that points parallel to the ground? 

Update: Got down there again with a 8mm hex head, socket wrench and torqued the circular adjustment that runs parallel with the ground. That did the trick. 

Btw, counter-clockwise lowers the light, and clockwise raises it. Torque it too much counter-clockwise, and the assembly will want to come out completely. 

Eezy-Peezy

D788CF41-0CC5-4D05-A669-76AC458CAC4C.jpeg

What year is your truck? I haven’t been able to look at mine in a while as I live in the northeast and there is always snow on the ground.im going to look tomorrow though are you lights th same as these?thanks

4FB11C27-9640-458E-BE6C-AA1333B9055D.jpeg

Yessir. I’ve got a 2016 Z71. That’s my front end pretty much. Right in back of where those fog lights are is the adjuster, which is what is shown in my attached image. You don’t even have to take the tire well apart. I got a socket wrench and an 8mm hex head attachment for it, and crawled under the front fender. That adjuster should be easily visible. It has a white knob underneath it. Not sure what the white knob is for... i think i broke it. That’s why I had to attack the larger portion with the 8mm hex head.

Anyway, you can pick up an 8mm hex head from AutoZone or Oreillys or whatever auto store. Really easy to get to because there’s a gap between the corner front bumper and the tire well. 

I see you took the plastic trim off from the bumper. I’ve been considering that. It’s funny because it’s an off road package, yet if you take the truck off road, I guarantee that trim is the first thing to go lmao. I jacked mine up when I put my truck into a concrete culvert. I thought I screwed up my truck. Turns out the only damage was the bumper. This truck can take a beating. 

Edit: Actually the reason I had to adjust the fog lights was because of the new bumper I had to get, and the dealership didn’t readjust them lmao.

Edited by cedwards611
Add to my funny story

That white knob would not budge for me and I didn’t want to strip it and I searched and there was no info out there and winter came and finally someone responded to this thread,thanks again. I have a 2.5 level and sitting on 33’s so when I drive up behind someone I light up the whole inside of there car so need to adjust them down as I did already with the headlights,I’ll be picking up that 8mm hex head first thing tomorrow.

Thank you

• 11 months later...

Hey Chris,

So after turning that knob counter-clockwise using an 8mm socket, you verified the fog lights did in fact lower? But then you also mentioned if you turn counter-clockwise too much that the assembly will want to come out. So did you just have to turn it counter-clockwise the perfect amount to where you wanted it lowered without falling out?

And Dave,

Were you ever able to successfully perform this? It seems that this thread is the only proof I could find that even mentions the fog lights are adjustable, so it was hard to believe at first whether it actually works.

Hey Chris,

So after turning that knob counter-clockwise using an 8mm socket, you verified the fog lights did in fact lower? But then you also mentioned if you turn counter-clockwise too much that the assembly will want to come out. So did you just have to turn it counter-clockwise the perfect amount to where you wanted it lowered without falling out?

And Dave,

Were you ever able to successfully perform this? It seems that this thread is the only proof I could find that even mentions the fog lights are adjustable, so it was hard to believe at first whether it actually works.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2018 Silverado and my factory fog lights have no adjustments screws shown in the picture. Mine are completely different. So is it possible to adjust them. I have a 2inch leveling kit and when I use my fog lights I get flashed all the time. I can see when driving they are aimed pretty high. I adjusted my headlamps. Anyone have any idea how to adjust fog lights on a 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500.