Magnaflow questions

Hey guys, my first post here, just had a question to see if anyone could give me some info. I have a 2018 Silverado custom ccsb with the 5.3. I'm wanting to put exhaust on it and was wondering if anyone else had a similar setup to what i was considering. Might be a long shot. I've got a single in, dual out magnaflow(approx 14-18" in length) that i pulled off a dodge parts truck that I have. I was wanting to run it with y-duals out with 3" tips. Anyone have a similar setup and possibly a sound clip to see what i would be working with? Thanks! 

17 hours ago, black18custom said:

Bump....help me out guys!

I dont have a sound clip but I had a single in duel out 18" magnaflow . Ran it for a year , sound good , not loud in cab...  

Changed it up recently for something different 

1 minute ago, FlipZ71 said:

I dont have a sound clip but I had a single in duel out 18" magnaflow . Ran it for a year , sound good , not loud in cab...  

Changed it up recently for something different 

Thanks for the info. Was it pretty loud outside the cab? 

And any complaints on it? And what made you change setups? 

Sorry for all the questions. I've had a Tacoma for 10 years before this Chevrolet and the tacoma I got when i was 15 so I'm pretty unfamiliar with exhaust setups for v8 trucks at the moment. 

1 minute ago, black18custom said:

Thanks for the info. Was it pretty loud outside the cab? 

And any complaints on it? And what made you change setups? 

Sorry for all the questions. I've had a Tacoma for 10 years before this Chevrolet and the tacoma I got when i was 15 so I'm pretty unfamiliar with exhaust setups for v8 trucks at the moment. 

No wasn't loud , nice sound level , to me anyways , gives ya a nice rumble ,no complaints... 

Changed it up for a better flow and different sound....   I cut the y pipe before the 3rd cat , ran duel  2.5 pipes out the back with an X pipe 

2 minutes ago, FlipZ71 said:

No wasn't loud , nice sound level , to me anyways , gives ya a nice rumble ,no complaints... 

Changed it up for a better flow and different sound....   I cut the y pipe before the 3rd cat , ran duel  2.5 pipes out the back with an X pipe 

Nice nice. You possibly got a pic or sound clip of your current setup? Just weighing out options right now so I get the sound that I'm really looking for 

Here are my 2 cents:

If youre going for budget, just delete everything but the resonator, like i did a couple of years ago.

If not, Go all out for Longtubes, X pipes and the whole enchilada with the smallest magnaflows i could find, like i did a year ago.

Here are 2 of my videos. the first being just the stock exhaust deleting all cats, muffler and flapper valve, and the second with a full race 3" dual exhaust i "designed":

Loud exhausts take away from the riveting experiences hearing suspension noises when off-roading lol

Wait......did you hear that, what? Sounded like something cracked and broke off. Nah, just punch it cause all I hear is that cool exhaust sound lol

Sent from above

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:43 AM, black18custom said:

I found this video and the description says dual outlet magnaflow which I would assume means single inlet....would you're happen to have sounded anything like this with the magnaflow? 

I've got a Flowmaster Super 40 single in, dual out that sounds very similar to that.

3 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I've got a Flowmaster Super 40 single in, dual out that sounds very similar to that.

That's pretty much the sound I'd love to have. Do you just have the stock muffler cut out and flowmaster added without any other modifications?