Lane Change Alert 1/2 working

So I just got my 19 Sierra on Saturday night.  Just noticed only my passenger side lane change alert is working.   When starting the truck the drivers side mirror does not even light up.    But the passenger side functions normally. 

Anyone else have this issue?  Not seeing much on the internet.  

Does your Rear Cross Traffic Alert work when a vehicle approaches the driver rear of the vehicle? Both systems use the radar sensor in the bumper [behind the foot inserts of the bumper]. Might be a bad module or connection. Just take it back and have it looked at. Ensure they have put all the software updates and fixes in.

On 2/18/2019 at 6:35 PM, WwRGSwW said:

So I just got my 19 Sierra on Saturday night.  Just noticed only my passenger side lane change alert is working.   When starting the truck the drivers side mirror does not even light up.    But the passenger side functions normally. 

Anyone else have this issue?  Not seeing much on the internet.  

I've noticed the same thing. My passenger side is more accurate. The driver side is not reliable at all. 

I get a message, “side detection temporarily unavailable” every time I start it. Can’t even use it to back out of the garage. Lane keep assist not working well, park assist off message in any wet weather or car wash. I have all the software updates. They did not fix it. It did almost cover up the issue of the park assist. At least I don’t get message I am going to hit everything while sitting at a stop light. I have had the truck in 3 times with very little difference. One more time and Lemon law does apply in Colorado. Chevy. Where are you?

Edited by Chevy sad

• 1 month later...

I test drove a 2019 LTZ Z71 Doublecab yesterday. I noticed it did not have the turn signals indicator in the mirror, but in the bottom of the mirror I noticed what I thought was lights that did not light up and on the back of the mirror I noticed two, what appeared to be led's and they also did not come on with lights, turn signals and or four ways.

It had the SAFETY FEATURE 1 & 2, which included all the safety features, they didn't seem to be consistently working.

On 4/21/2019 at 9:50 AM, tbare54 said:

I test drove a 2019 LTZ Z71 Doublecab yesterday. I noticed it did not have the turn signals indicator in the mirror, but in the bottom of the mirror I noticed what I thought was lights that did not light up and on the back of the mirror I noticed two, what appeared to be led's and they also did not come on with lights, turn signals and or four ways.

It had the SAFETY FEATURE 1 & 2, which included all the safety features, they didn't seem to be consistently working.

2019's do not have signals in the mirrors, lights on the back of the mirror are work lights which there is a switch on the dash to turn them on, they do not work while the truck is in motion. 

• 9 months later...

I'm late to the trough here... but I just got my Silverado LTZ Z71 in December 2019.  I have kept a diary of issues with it now being near the end of January.  Lane Keep Assist appears to not work in weather colder than -10C, primarily in morning commutes. In afternoon as weather warms a little it works.  All sensors and cameras appear clean and clear of frost, snow, ice, dirt, etc.....  Also having issues now with transmission slipping.  I was asked to wait a few weeks before booking an appointment with Dealer to see if patterns develop.... This is what I have so far. 

Other than SiriusXM doesn't work in any kind of adverse weather such as rain, light snow, etc....  No other vehicles I have ever owned had this XM issue. In fact this is the worse reception I have ever had. I wonder if the antenna is a cheaper version of previous ones.  My 4th vehicle with XM and previous ones had signal even in built up cities with dense high rises.... not this one.  XM advises it is the radio unit and not from their end.  We shall see what Dealer says.

I have problems from time to time with my Intellibeam, LCA and LKA due to the cold temp until the inside of the vehicle warms up. So it is not uncommon. The -10 is cold whence my temps around 19 affect it sometimes. The XM issue sounds like a receiving problem which could be the antenna cktry or the radio module. See if you can find a spot at the dealership that gives you the symptoms that you have experienced, and see if you can get another vehicle from the dealership to test out under the same setup [ask the salesman for help if possible].

Edited by Rocz3cqg