Fox 2.0 Coilover Question

Making some long range plans. I did a search for Fox 2.0, and came up with nothing. 

My plan is to put 275/70/18's on my stock 2016 Sierra Z71 when I need tires. Plenty of articles here showing they fit, no problem.

But, when I replace the Ranchos (yeah, I know some of you will say they could be replaced now, but they're fine with me) I'm thinking go with the Fox 2.0 coil-overs to get the truck level, and of course Fox rears as well.

Will this be a straight bolt on replacement, or could this cause my tires to rub due to angles changing? I know I'll need an alignment, head light aim, and possibly a speedo/odo calibration after the tires are put on. But will the lift with coil-overs cause any other issues since I'm upsizing the tires?

Mine is a 10-2015 build with cast steel UCA's.

Thanks!

Fox 2.0 fronts are great choice instead of that awful riding stacked block leveling. Easy install but will need alignment, I’d replace rear block with a 2” block and a pair of new rear shocks and be done with it

Sent from above

The Fox 2.0's are a direct replacement, they come preset for 2" of lift. I had no rubbing issues  on my 2018 LTZ  . They are for sure a better ride then the stock struts and a better way of leveling then a spacer.  I can also say that they didn't quite level my truck, I still had close to an inch of rake with them.

I can't confirm this but I was told that Fox discontinued them. I'm sure you can still find them from dealers.

I now have mine for sale since I went a different route after lifting it 4 1/2".

The Fox 2.0's are a direct replacement, they come preset for 2" of lift. I had no rubbing issues  on my 2018 LTZ  . They are for sure a better ride then the stock struts and a better way of leveling then a spacer.  I can also say that they didn't quite level my truck, I still had close to an inch of rake with them.
I can't confirm this but I was told that Fox discontinued them. I'm sure you can still find them from dealers.
I now have mine for sale since I went a different route after lifting it 4 1/2".

How much are you selling your fox shocks for? And where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm selling the Fox 2.0's they were run for less then 3000 miles Bought them in August 2018. 

Really haven't even considered selling the rear stock shocks. They have about 8000 miles on the rears.

DSCF4396.JPG

Edited by SSchup
add photo

Fox 2.0 fronts are great choice instead of that awful riding stacked block leveling. Easy install but will need alignment, I’d replace rear block with a 2” block and a pair of new rear shocks and be done with it

Sent from above

Why should I replace the rear block?

I should have said I'll have my tire guys install them. Last time I changed Jeep shocks/springs, decided I was done. Plus, I don't have my shop anymore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What size tires did you have?

12 minutes ago, ChevyTrucks_95 said:

Responded.
Ok. How about now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, mcdavis said:

What size tires did you have?
I was running 285/60/20

• Like 1

Why should I replace the rear block?

I should have said I'll have my tire guys install them. Last time I changed Jeep shocks/springs, decided I was done. Plus, I don't have my shop anymore.

I had the 2.25” level on mine and had to add an additional 1” to the existing rear block in order to still have the rear a touch higher than the front which worked out great when you tow or carry something in the bed.
Not adding the rear block made it look like the front end was a tiny bit higher than the rear and the rear dropped a bit.

Changing out the rear shocks and blocks is easy.

Sent from above

I had the 2.25” level on mine and had to add an additional 1” to the existing rear block in order to still have the rear a touch higher than the front which worked out great when you tow or carry something in the bed.
Not adding the rear block made it look like the front end was a tiny bit higher than the rear and the rear dropped a bit.

Changing out the rear shocks and blocks is easy.

Sent from above
I've got 3" of rake now based on measuring center of hub to bottom of well. I should still have a little rake after the switch.

If I still had my building (construction co.) with the 2 ton crane and tools, I'd change all 4. In the driveway...nope.

• Like 1