Intellilink system

2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT. Ok. So. I am a bit stumped. The manual is no help and i can't find anything on google. I am trying to connect the truck to my phones wifi. I put it in as a hotspot. Selected wpa2. It will not connect. So perhaps i should have selected wpa. But now i cannot edit it and for the life of me, i cannot figure out how to delete it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9PLUS. 

try this:

He’s still going to have to engage the trial period WiFi that comes free with like 2gig and then setting it up with AT&T starting at $10 per month for basic amount of gig and $20 per month for unlimited WiFi. I use my iPhone or iPad LTE unlimited which a no brainer for me.

Sent from above
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

He’s still going to have to engage the trial period WiFi that comes free with like 2gig and then setting it up with AT&T starting at $10 per month for basic amount of gig and $20 per month for unlimited WiFi. I use my iPhone or iPad LTE unlimited which a no brainer for me.

Sent from above

I'm not paying for any sort of plan. Can i not run this thru my phone for connectivity?  That was my question TXGreek. Your statement seems contradictory. 

53 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

try this:

Thanks SierraDan. That's not what i want. I want to connect the truck to my phone wifi. Not the phone to the trucks wifi. My trial data plan expired and in canada I'm not paying 45.00 a month for a 3gb plan. So. I just want to use my phone as a hotspot and connect the truck to it. 

I'm not paying for any sort of plan. Can i not run this thru my phone for connectivity?  That was my question TXGreek. Your statement seems contradictory. 

Nope. It cannot run off your phones hotspot cause your cars LTE is in your roof mounted antenna only capable of direct LTE transferring it into WiFi.

Sent from above

I’ve heard you can “sometimes” connect your auto WiFi to your mobile hotspot by turning on your phones WiFi hotspot and same time set it on roof right next to antenna...just something I’ve heard.

Sent from above

2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT. Ok. So. I am a bit stumped. The manual is no help and i can't find anything on google. I am trying to connect the truck to my phones wifi. I put it in as a hotspot. Selected wpa2. It will not connect. So perhaps i should have selected wpa. But now i cannot edit it and for the life of me, i cannot figure out how to delete it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9PLUS. 

May I ask why? On trips my wife uses her phone as a hot spot and runs her iPad off of that. I use my phone for everything through Bluetooth to whatever I’m driving. I listen to iHeartRadio and pandora and use the GPS on my phone too, all at the same time. The only expense is my normal unlimited phone plan. I’m just curious and maybe technically behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Mikegg said:

Thanks SierraDan. That's not what i want. I want to connect the truck to my phone wifi. Not the phone to the trucks wifi. My trial data plan expired and in canada I'm not paying 45.00 a month for a 3gb plan. So. I just want to use my phone as a hotspot and connect the truck to it. 

Ok. I had it backwards :freak:  LOL

I have the AT&T wifi in my truck (2017), but I have tested using my phones hotspot instead. It worked.. Turn the hotspot ON in your phone, then look for available network from the infotainment system. It should show up, the select it. It will ask for the password of course. Test it by running one of the trucks infotainment apps like Pandora or Weather Channel.

This definitely worked about a year ago when i tested it. Not sure if something has changed since then. I'll try it again today when I leave work and report back.

Edited by Loco-diablo

15 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

Just tried it.. truck connected to phone hotspot no problem.

iPhone 8, Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. I'll screw around with it again tomorrow. I'll let you know. Thanks.

Hey. No i tried again today. It sees the hotspot, but keeps saying it cannot connect. It tries using WPA2. I'm not sure if that means anything and I'm not sure how to change it if need be. Very frustrating.