Picked up 19 GMC AT4

Beware/long winded post;)

Picked up a 2019 GMC AT4  w 6.2 yesterday from Everett GMC in Little Rock AR, originally worked a tentative deal with a dealer in Idaho but after discovering the distance from Dallas decided to look around. Contacted Russell Crouse at Everett GMC (awesome sales person and nice dealership!) and he was able to match the price.

Four hour drive back to Dallas vs the 23 hours it would have been from Boise.

I had swore myself away from GM trucks after all the transmission issues in my 14&15 Denali and High Country trucks.

Bought a 17’ Roush F150 and a 18’ Lariat F250 before this GM purchase and didn’t keep either very long.

I bought the AT4 without seeing one in person or driving (I originally was going for a Trail Boss)

But at last moment before pulling trigger saw the AT4 online and decided I wanted the front end look, seats, 6.2 and 10 speed so I went with the GMC.

Looks (especially front and rear)

Power (6.2 pretty strong but it will be getting a supercharger like my last two 6.2 GM trucks)

Transmission (10 speed is awesome!)

Interior (even though numerous critical reviews)

Seating position and comfort

Parking assist cameras

Rear view camera mirror

Heads up display

Dislikes:

Stereo not great for the (“top Bose system”)

Dislike the auto shut off feature, can deactivate but have to do it every time you start vehicle.

Wheels/tires look too small for the overall size of the truck.

Overall I give it a 9 so far but I can fix the wheels/tires and stereo and researching the auto shut off crap which I hate!

Best Regards,

John Page

Edited by 21STCMC

My 2016 Bose system does leave a lot to be desired. It's good enough for my 45 year old ears today but I'm pretty sure my 2003 Cummins Ram with the factory Infinity was better. I seem to remember it having a lot more punch. I haven't heard a 2019 GM but my assumption is that Ram slaughters it in the sound department and likely every truck manufacturer for that matter.

15 hours ago, magnum74 said:

My 2016 Bose system does leave a lot to be desired. It's good enough for my 45 year old ears today but I'm pretty sure my 2003 Cummins Ram with the factory Infinity was better. I seem to remember it having a lot more punch. I haven't heard a 2019 GM but my assumption is that Ram slaughters it in the sound department and likely every truck manufacturer for that matter.

RAM does put in a pretty good stereo... then again, they need a lot of punch to cover up all of the rattles...

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:58 AM, 21STCMC said:

Bought a 17’ Roush F150 and a 18’ Lariat F250 before this GM purchase and didn’t keep either very long.

Congrats on the new truck and enjoy :thumbs:

So why did you not keep either Ford very long?

3 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Congrats on the new truck and enjoy :thumbs:

So why did you not keep either Ford very long?

F-150 was the Ecoboost, hated the sound and ride quality not great

F-250 liked very much but turning radius and parking lots not fun

I test drove a ram with the 12 inch display and 19 speakers this weekend. It's insane.

But if you adjust the brake pedal all the way it actually falls off

Good luck with the new truck. Looks like you get a new one every year?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk