Add filter/screen to brake booster line?

With the numerous reports of vac pumps failing & spitting oil & metal into the brake booster & engine, anyone got a suggestion for installing a filter that could be added for protection to the line from pump to brake servo?

Also, is the oil getting contaminated & going straight into the engine or is there a means of protecting that too?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Not a issue so.much for the engine to need protection. But what you need is a diaphragm in the line that can move enough to accommodate the amount of air but protect 100% a screen will still let oil buy. 

The person that pulls the lt4 electric pump parts up and just wires it to a hops switch is going to make a good profit. Then oil is never even a problem. Pump is rated for use and easy availability.

I agree that the electric replacement is the best idea but if only a relatively small percentage of the vac pumps are likely to die that's quite an investment in time & cost for something that might be fine for a long time to come. Just looking to install an insurance policy.

Appreciate the input, thanks.

Im guessing those that have done an electric vac pump had to measure up for a shorter drive belt after pulling the old one.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk