MyLink screen "thinks" it is being touched. Changes things

2015 LTZ Z71.   Recently I have had issues with my touchscreen.  I have cleaned it and done the touch recalibration.   Sometimes when I turn the truck on, the whole time it is on, the mylink screen will respond as if someone is touching the top right corner. It switches screens and you can hear the "beep" sound.  I have tried wiping it down, but it doesnt help. If I turn off the truck and then let the screen power down, when it turn it back on it usually acts normal.  It is like roulette when I go to drive the truck, 50/50 chance on whether or not the screen is going to be beeping and switching menus and acting all wonky.

Has anyone found a fix for this? is there a hard reset?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Same exact problem here. Screen digitizer is going bad. 

I tried to buy the part online and replace it myself but it is on restriction from GM. I took it to dealer and they wanted like $600 to replace. I told them to stuff it. 

Edited by RE1

• 3 months later...

So I have a 2015 2500HD 8” touchscreen, has been changing channels for a while on its own, switching from Bluetooth to XM then voice commands without a word being spoken. instrument cluster would change as well I would change it back to speedometer or MPG and it would change when the touchscreen changed. I scoured the web for solutions. Tried the ground posts under the windshield/A pillars. It seemed to glitch less but after a few trips glitches only once in about 2 hours total driving time which was an improvement. However, the touchscreen has always been problematic and unresponsive at times so I decided to get one off eBay out of a wrecked truck and low and behold the touchscreen works with every touch, unlike the last year. I swapped it in my drive way in about 15 min. Didn’t need to have it relearned at the dealership as some have stated and once again just the touchscreen module. So I’m going to drive it for a while and see if this is the fix if not HMI it is. Side note HMIs seem to be GM compatible across different models and are more so year/package specific. Hope this helps anyone that is having this issue. 

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Same issues on 2017 colorado.  Screen will make beep noise spontaneously then change screen to sxm channel guide.  Also will change the dashboard screen aswell.   $41k for a truck with new problems every day wtf!!! Also not mention the issues with key stuck in ignition now and again.  Obviously the dealer says that it “did not” occur when they “tried” it.  

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...