Vibration 70-80 mph

How many people have experienced the notorious "chevy shake" between 70 and 80 mph? I sure have. But I think I found my fix. Had the dealer road force my wheels and tires (oem rally 22s with 285 45 22 bridgestone duellers). Still didn't work. I did notice it was worse after they did it. Of course they road tested it and cannot go over 65 mph. I noticed they lowered the tire pressure to 32psi thinking the tires would absorb the shake. So I tried the opposite. Pumpef them to 41psi (max is 44). And... next to no shake at 80 mph. I thought my driveshaft was out of balance. Turns out the tires are junk. The dealer even said they have a hard time with those tires. Figured I would share my experience for others to try.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It sucks, I went through the same thing. Mine were flat spotted badly and i had to fight with the dealer to get them to buy the junk good years back. But be happy it's an easy fix if it is just tires.

Edited by Lsgun1

6 hours ago, Lsgun1 said:

It sucks, I went through the same thing. Mine were flat spotted badly and i had to fight with the dealer to get them to buy the junk good years back. But be happy it's an easy fix if it is just tires.

My truck does sit most of the week in my driveway, I guess tires would be more prone to flat spotting and the higher air pressure reduced that. I assume it was also tires for you?