New baby (new to me)

On 3/24/2019 at 9:12 AM, Jminter6001 said:

Just bought a 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LML.  The whole thing is totally stock.  What all needs to be done to it? (Deletes, Tuner, and so on...)

Leave it stock.....

• Like 1

It will be my daily driver. Not too much heavy towing. Not lifting.  Figured I need to do the deletes and tune, because people say that helps with fuel mileage.  First thing I want to do is put the best and strongest brush guard on it. (Thinking Road Armor). 

And you're right. I need to post some pics. Will do asap

Welcome and I agree with others to leave it stock. (You bought this truck because it was totally stock )  I usually upgradethe tires with a new truck purchase.  I try to accessorize my truck in a way that won't turn away future potential buyers even if I plan to keep it forever!

7 hours ago, Jminter6001 said:

It will be my daily driver. Not too much heavy towing. Not lifting.  Figured I need to do the deletes and tune, because people say that helps with fuel mileage.  First thing I want to do is put the best and strongest brush guard on it. (Thinking Road Armor). 

And you're right. I need to post some pics. Will do asap

This ones real big......

Buckstop Truckware. 

CC128DC1-F1C0-43CA-9538-3A801635DDFB.jpeg

I would put a transmission cooler grille. Thats the rectangular opening below the main grille. But maybe the brush guard will cover it. I put a grille to protect the trans cooler from rocks/debris on the road.

I get 20 mpg on the highway BTW. 14 around town.

Edited by avalonandl

On 3/24/2019 at 9:12 AM, Jminter6001 said:

Just bought a 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LML.  The whole thing is totally stock.  What all needs to be done to it? (Deletes, Tuner, and so on...)

How many miles? Tunes are a great way to BREAK your motor.

11 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

Deleted is the way to go... mileage increases and almost all the problems the truck will have disappear.

I also thought deleting would be best. But now I'm questioning it from how many people have commented to leave it stock.  One thing new to me is the DEF.  What happens to it if deleted?

And that is a nice looking brush guard Gearheadesw.   Going to look into it.

The LML puts out alot of power. People tuning these and doing hotshots are sometomes breaking pistons.

At 160k I guess a delete is not so bad.

DEF is easy - fill the tank every 4000 miles or so for $20.

I wont drive a deleted truck- I HATE DIESEL exhaust that stinks like a BUS..... LOL

When you delete the truck you don't need a 300 hp tune..  leave it on a slightly better than stock tune and forget about it.  My own guys do this because they try and run them stock and get sick of the break downs.   I live in northern Alberta... that def shit just freezes and the trucks spend their lives in and out of limp mode stock.  If you live where it never gets cold sure leave it stock I guess.   What happens to the def when its deleted? You take the tank out from under the truck and toss it in the garbage.  My one guy swore he would not delete his 2016 when he bought it new.... wanted his warranty.  At like 30000 miles in his first winter it was deleted lol.  And his warranty? Well the truck has over 120000 miles on it now and the warranty would be gone anyway... never had an issue... just like with his previous LML he ran to 160000 miles.

Most replying live where it's not actually cold so yes your truck will be a lot better stock...  Even fleets delete here regardless of brand of truck.  If it's a 2500 and up it's either gas or deleted..

Edited by SierraHD17