Exhaust flapper

I clamped my exhaust flapper to what I think is open on my 2018 about a week ago. I can’t tel any difference in the exhaust note and I don’t get any choppering in 4cyl mode like I expected. I am thinking about just having it cut off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only noticed the difference at start up & idle with mine open. It is a restriction even when clamped open so should be better removed if the v 4 sound doesn't bother you.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

It is still a pretty big valve. I opened mine. I can tell a little bit on a cold start. Little bit throatier. But cut it out. Even with it open it's a big restriction. Plus it'll sound a lot better with an aftermarket muffler

• Like 1

I ordered the magnaflow exhaust for my truck, and it has the god damned flapper. I installed it already but I am cutting it out and using the extra supplied piece of piping that came with the kit to replace the piece of pipe where the flapper is. 

When I clamped the flapper open it left behind a real annoying highway drone. When I cut it out I will probably have to put a resonator on it to cancel that 115 hz drone between 1500 and 2000 RPMs.

3 hours ago, thekevin said:

That sucks because that is right where 90% of my driving is. I’m about 1700 rpm at 70mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed, I'll probably end up building a j-pipe adjustable resonator to hit that frequency.

• Like 1