iPhone 8 holder 3D printed

Played a little bit more with my 3D design software and 3D printer and came up with a holder that fits my iPhone 8 phone with its case.

Allowed for a little bit of extra room in-case I swap out cases. Printed from Tough PLA from MatterHackers, rubberized coated, added felt lining and rubber bump stops to the bottom, and designed for the Lightening cable attach when holstered.

The way I mounted it was by cutting the rubber liner in the console to the exact footprint of the holder, and then used 3M VHB double-back tape to attach.

Slides in and out with no problem and gets it out of my pocket when driving, and allows me to see texts and alerts. Key Fob holder also in picture that gets everything out of my pocket on long trips.

Pics for your viewing pleasure... Bill.

iPhone holder 5A.jpg

iPhone holder 6A.jpg

iPhone holder 7A.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like it is built tough enough to double as a wheel chock if you need it...lol. Nice job.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 383 said:

Looks like it is built tough enough to double as a wheel chock if you need it...lol. Nice job.

Kid proof for sure!

Have you put those up on Thingiverse? I don't have iPhone, but could probably modify it in Fusion 360 to fit my phone without too much trouble.

I've read mixed reviews about how well PLA holds up in the extreme hot and cold, but it'd be easy enough to print a new one (I've got some PETG, which is supposed to hold up better, but only in yellow and natural, probably wouldn't match the interior very well).

10 hours ago, GilliganLQ said:

Have you put those up on Thingiverse? I don't have iPhone, but could probably modify it in Fusion 360 to fit my phone without too much trouble.

I've read mixed reviews about how well PLA holds up in the extreme hot and cold, but it'd be easy enough to print a new one (I've got some PETG, which is supposed to hold up better, but only in yellow and natural, probably wouldn't match the interior very well).

I used the Tough PLA from MatterHackers that has an advertised heat deflection temp of 60 C (140 F).

I have the file saved as a CATIA V5 .catpart.

PM me and I'll output it in a format of your choice. 

Bill.