Strongest Brush Guard

I drive a 2015 Chevy 2500HD.  Looking for the STRONGEST brush guard.  Best front end protection.

Is "Road Armor" strong? It's expensive. Am I just paying for the name? It uses 3/16" steel.

"Ranch Hand" is strong as well. They use plate steel.

I'm trying to choose between Road Armor Stealth Titan II, or the Ranch Hand Legend.

What do ya'll think?

315r2b-nw.png

fbc151blr-1_1_1.jpg

20190325_114640.jpg

Unless you drive thru brush or heavily deer populated country a grill guard is a waste of money some of them are so heavy they throw off the alignment and cause unneccessary tire wear,  your call

• 1 month later...

FWIW most of the trucks that are actually used for work here in S. Texas have Ranch Hand or similar grille guards or front end replacements.  All else is more an adornment rather than offering any real protection.

AliArc is one good option.  Dakota Hills Bumpers has some great front end protection.   Herd makes probably the best front end protection bumpers in N. America.  Dakota Hills also carries Herd bumpers.  Herd is the preferred choice brand of front end protection by many commercial users.  

Pretty much a safe bet you could slam a whitetail with a Herd bumper on the front and never incur any damage to pickup or bumper.  Ali Arc is probably next in line for best protection. Both Herd and Ali Arc are Canadian made.  Those guys take front end protection seriously in the Northland.  

Both of these bumpers are aluminum and in the 125 lb range, so they are nothing to stick on a 2500HD. 

Herd....

https://herd.com/bumpers/pickups/  and here is a Herd bumper on a 2500HD..

Herd 2500.jpg

Here is an Ali Arc on a 2500HD and includes the optional lower rake. Just scoop a deer up and throw it off to the side!  I have a similar Ali Arc on my semi truck and I have slammed a couple of deer with it at highway speeds and nary a scratch on the bumper.  Will send Bambi off into the next county.

Ali Arc 2500.jpg

Edited by Cowpie

I bought my truck in South TX and the dealer had installed the ranch hand on it between posting it on the internet and me getting there to look at the truck!!  I was mad as all hell when I saw it!!!  Got over it and bought the truck anyways,  The only concern with it is the trannie runs about 15-20 warmer in this truck than it did in my 11 model, is this because of the bumper or did GM change something else?  I've asked others and they all seem to think that the 19 model trans just runs hotter than before, but I would look for one that does not block the cooling stack!!!  :jester: