Learning A New Language and Adjusting to Aging

diyer2

I was used to work, house, guns, ammo, car, truck, fishing, lure, etc.

Now it's Dr., EKG, cardiopulmonary, labs, fasting, meds, etc. and possibly the best, nurse depending on her looks.

The other day I did some dirt work with a shovel, 3 hours of it.

Took me 3 days to get rid of the soreness.

I do tread mill most days and some exercises also.

Seems to be useless after the dirt work.

Used to be I could hang my heaviest coat on an erection.

Now a baseball hat at best.

I could pee over a fence.

Now I dribble on my shoes.

Boy getting old takes some getting used to.

I know it could be worse and that's in the future.

For now I'm adjusting slowly.

:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I feel your pain diyer, I'm 70 and the hardest part for me is getting my head wrapped around the fact that I just can't do the things I used to do. Whether it's getting on the floor to crawl under a sink to clean out a trap or crawl under a vehicle for some maintenance, it takes me almost as much time now to right myself off the floor as it used to formerly perform the task.

• Like 1

I can relate. Don't you love it when the Doctor starts the conversation with "as we get older" and tells you basically you're going to have to adjust.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 10:16 AM, diyer2 said:

Soon to be 66.

Not old enough to brag about my age.

But years of physical exertion has taken a toll IMO.

I'll be 66 in October. We must be within months of the same age. Got on the roof the other day for 20 minutes...OMG.....

I quit going to the Doctor. Those guys scare me. That and they seem to believe that as we age we become Slot Machines. Pull my finger and watch money fall out of my butt. :rolleyes: 

I quit smoking almost six years ago and went from 155 lbs. to 200, much of that gut. Wife says, "what is that a spare tire"?

"Nope", I say , "roof for the tool shed". 

Sly smile and in reply, "Why so large"? 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by Grumpy Bear

66 in Nov. Grumpy.

And yes were slot machines.

My grandpa said if you have a tool worth keeping, it's worth building a shed over.

I quit smoking 12 years ago and have gained weight also. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

66 in Nov. Grumpy.

And yes were slot machines.

My grandpa said if you have a tool worth keeping, it's worth building a shed over.

I quit smoking 12 years ago and have gained weight also. 

Great! Now I can say, "diyer2 show some respect to your elders!" (by a month) ROTFLMAO 

I’m 63. I’ve been going to the doctor yearly since 19. High blood pressure, control with meds. My grandfather had it, so genetics. Rest of my test are normal. Biggest thing I learned from going yearly is they work for you. I’m not afraid to tell him no on certain things. As far as slowing down, it happens. Some things just take longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember the first time I experienced that sensation in my chest area. I was in my early 50s and a big Diet Coke drinker, had been for years. It was bed time I was out of town. Took a big last gulp of my Diet Coke and laid down. Not too long after I got this pressure in my chest area and I started to sweat. Kept me up all night. I finally got up started pacing the floor all the sudden I burped big time. I felt silly. Can’t drink carbonated drinks anymore gives me heartburn, unless there’s whiskey in it. Can’t figure that one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1