Repeat threads driving me nuts

mikedeezxxx

It’s cause the search feature on this site absolutely sucks b@lls. I try every now and then thinking maybe just maybe I can find that thread I want to look at. NOPE  NOT THIS TIME... back to google and BOOM THERE IT IS ON THE FRONT PAGE as always. I’ve learned how to search this site can’t 100% fault new guys seeking to find a answer if the search function is only 10% capable of doing it’s job...

On 4/4/2019 at 10:38 PM, wforrest08 said:

It’s cause the search feature on this site absolutely sucks b@lls. I try every now and then thinking maybe just maybe I can find that thread I want to look at. NOPE  NOT THIS TIME... back to google and BOOM THERE IT IS ON THE FRONT PAGE as always. I’ve learned how to search this site can’t 100% fault new guys seeking to find a answer if the search function is only 10% capable of doing it’s job...

I think where some people mess up is not knowing how the Search on this site works (you're right -- it's stupid).

Once you start typing text in the search field in the upper right you will see a small drop-down box appear to the left of the search field.  For some stupid reason this bar defaults to "This Topic" so it limits your search results.  Change that dropdown to "All Content" and it will search ALL the forums and you should be able to find what you are looking for.

• Thanks 1

If you pay attention to the options it works pretty good.

It used to actually suck, a few site versions ago(I've been around here for quite a while, repeat threads because people are lazy are just.....the internet) it was a nearly a running joke, to the point where people just were using site parameters on Google instead. 

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

On 4/4/2019 at 10:38 PM, wforrest08 said:

Google search using gm-trucks.com works great. 

• Thanks 1