Sound system

I have a 2019 Silverado 1500 LD Double cab (same as 18)

I have the non Bose and did the kicker substage upgrade. Up graded the front and rear door speakers and will be doing the dash speakers as well. I regret not going with the power stage kit because i definitely need a amp for the speakers.

does anyone recommend a multi channel amp ? I’m going to keep the stock head unit, but really feel like the speakers are lacking without an amp.

is a 4 channel amp enough just powering the doors? What’s the amp install process? I’ve heard mixed input. Thanks ! 

4 minutes ago, Nick D said:

I have a 2019 Silverado 1500 LD Double cab (same as 18)

I have the non Bose and did the kicker substage upgrade. Up graded the front and rear door speakers and will be doing the dash speakers as well. I regret not going with the power stage kit because i definitely need a amp for the speakers.

does anyone recommend a multi channel amp ? I’m going to keep the stock head unit, but really feel like the speakers are lacking without an amp.

is a 4 channel amp enough just powering the doors? What’s the amp install process? I’ve heard mixed input. Thanks ! 

check out www.lljcustoms.com

Www.crutchfield.com

put in your vehicle and lots of options will pop up. 

Alpine and other brands offered an under dash in lime amp upgrade that pushes more power to factory speakers using factory wiring. 

I have the 10 inch sub stage kicker box with internal mono amp under the rear passenger side seat. And all new speakers. I’m looking for a plug and play Amp that is compatible with my stock head unit (8inch lcd) without having to run new speaker wires or anything of that sort. Will a compact alpine 4 channel amp work ? From what I’ve found the dash speakers will run off the power of the doors so a 4 Channel amp should power everything I think? Thanks for all the help! 

16 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

Nasty has one for sale for like $160 that should work just right for the doors.

It sold.  But if youre going to add amps its best to add a dsp or a custom harness to get rid of thr loud chimes when amplifying speakers in these trucks

• Like 1

I have a sub box from subthump that works awesome and a much cheaper alternative vs an all in one. I run a 12" Rockford Fosgate slim subwoofer, and a 500" watt RF mono amp with remote gain control. It hits hard enough to blur your vision at half volume. Oddly, each item was roughly $150. I have a second matching amp and subwoofer on the shelf if I decide to get crazy, but it is well balanced now imo. 

• Like 1

I just put an alpine 455u in my truck 

you don’t have to run a single wire for this setup...  I drilled a 1” hole in the side of the upper glove box cut the stock wires off the back extend the incoming Sid wand the out going side and hooked up the power straight to the stock unit and ground.  No rem needed it’s remote sensing and sound hella great.  

Word of advise... the dash speakers are wired to the door speakers so when you amplify them the chime and everything gets really really stupid loud.   It lasted a week before driving me nuts.  I ran separate wires from the lines on my dash speakers from the stock unit before going into the map and this solved my problem completely.  My 6x9 jLs in the doors still sound great as well.  I had some bassy music on the other day when I was taking some of my PVTs to appointments and they asked if I had a sub in my truck which I don’t.

FF58AE82-0B11-4B49-A88B-4D4E5F87178B.jpeg