Icon Coilover with control arm vs GM lift with cv shafts

1 hour ago, Treehugger said:

Yeah whats up with that! Makes no sense. The lift kit could open up all kinds of options for buyers. Wondering if the marketing guys are behind the restrictions? Keep stock low and in demand for Trailboss with no option to build same as whats offered in TB.

You could always buy it afterward at the dealer and have them install.  It will fit on any 2019 silverado

59 minutes ago, z1boss said:

You could always buy it afterward at the dealer and have them install.  It will fit on any 2019 silverado

Agree that it should fit but then why is LT 5.3 excluded? It has Z71 (which I have) as allowable so maybe that means just the LT 5.3 without Z71 isn't allowed? That would make more sense. I guess at some point it will be more clear.

Would have been more likely to get a Trailboss if it wasn't for the lift kit being offered as an option. Although now only reason I think I would go for GM kit over Icon is for warranty.

54 minutes ago, z1boss said:

GM seems to suggest that the LT 5.3 trucks have a composite overload and that's why they don't allow the Trail Boss lift kit to be installed. My guess is that GM intentionally restricts the LT/RST 5.3 trucks so you have to pay for the overpriced LT Trail Boss trim. Even if the dealer installed the kit, they won't be able to install the software for the steering as the system will see that your VIN is on the restricted list.

Some dealers install aftermarket kits on new trucks and back them with a warranty. That's the only alternative a guy might have that wants a lifted truck with a warranty. Or save money and  install an aftermarket kit -- roll the dice that it holds up fine.

I was told that the reason that the GM lift isn't approved for the max trailering package is because the half shafts that come with the kit won't fit through the max trailering springs.  Do you know for sure that isn't an issue?  I'd like to get the kit for my Sierra if it'll fit.
Hmm. So they are saying the front coilovers springs won't work with the half shafts? I know the kit comes with new front shocks and you reuse your coils so I guess that could be an issue but I would be really surprised if GM used different front coils for Max trailing package since the front won't be handling the extra weight. I am just a keyboard warrior so I can't guarantee anything but again I would be really surprised they used different front coils for the max tow. Anything's possible I guess.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Not sure why it says that as the Trailboss is an LT with the 5.3 lol
So that negates basically every LT? I assume it's to make people buy the trail boss, that's ridiculous.

Everyone just buy the icon kit and don't give GM your money for this. All you really would want is the extended half shafts, so if you can buy those individually do that and get the Icon everything else.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

If I wanted to get CST or Icon coilovers, just stage 1 so 1-3" adjustable lift, would I need the corresponding control arms or could I just keep everything else factory? Or is that more of a stage 2+ serious offroading condition. Want to make sure there's going to be no other stress of premature suspension wear going on. 2019 Sierra SLE so not other lifts or modifications done suspension wise.