Dersch

Help. How to physically remove side mirror

As some of you saw from my other thread I once upon a time had a shop attempt to install tow mirrors on my truck during my lift kit install but long story short they found out the mirrors had faulty wiring harness which fried my power mirror adjustment switch. They ended up taking the mirrors off and putting the factory back on. I wish they would have called me and told me cause honestly for how little someone actually adjusts the mirrors I'd just have dealt with it. Anyways onto my question.

I bought a different set which I'm told will be fine and not have issues. This time I am going to be doing it myself. I'm trying to find an exact how to. I have found conflicting info. I've seen some people say you just remove the triangle plastic trim behind the mirror on the door panel and you have full access to all the bolts and can pull up the site harness to connect to. I have also seen other people day you have to fully remove the door panel to access this job. So can someone tell me what the easiest way to do this is and provide step by step how to with pics?

Thanks!!!

C'mon brah, this is the age of the wonderful internets.

Almost everything you want to know has been done and covered on youtube already.

Lol yes this is true but if you re-read my post I am trying to figure out the best method. If I can only remove the triangle trim and install that sounds a hell of a lot better than just taking the whole door trim off. I have saved the above video already. 

The door panel has to be removed, look at how the triangle trim piece is designed. It sits below and behind the door panel, you will damage that piece if you try to remove it by itself.

That's what I was afraid of. Of course its be too easy to just remove the triangle plastic trim. 

Guess I'll be following that video you posted 

If you need to remove the passenger side - just move to England. Roads are hedge lined and as wide as a bike lane. Ask me how I know. :D

On 4/20/2019 at 10:29 PM, Dersch said:

That's what I was afraid of. Of course its be too easy to just remove the triangle plastic trim. 

Guess I'll be following that video you posted 

It’s honestly not that bad. It does feel like your going to break something when you pulling on things to pop them out, but I have taken my door panels off multiple times and have never broke anything. Just take your time and don’t be overly forceful. 

Get a trim removal set, you'll start wanting to take things apart for no reason.. :D no really.. it makes the job so much easier... 

Trim removal tool sets