05 Yukon denali

techfire35

Question

1st hope I did this right, my apologies if not. Haven't been on here in years. So ice replaced my ac clutch and it went back out. Replaced the compressor with the clutch, Ac worked for awhile and compressor wouldn't come on. Hotwired the relay to get the compressor to engage. That worked for awhile. I've since replaced the auto AC control head the dash part under the radio. Still nothing from the compressor until I stick the wires in the relay hole, that starts the compressor but it won't take freon. Not sure, it maybe full. Also the relay has been replaced. About the only thing that hasn't been replaced is the high pressure switch. Any clue on what the problem is? I'm at my wits end with this. I love this vehicle but every Yukon and Tahoe I've had in the past has been a pain in the butt with heating and air problems. It's hot and I'm desperate for help

2 answers to this question

So many things can be happening here. You may have a double charge of oil from the last replacement. You could be overcharged, and tripping the over pressure safety switch. All depends on how the job was done.

From here its impossible to figure out what's happening without more info.

Was the new compressor flushed of factory oil, with a few ounces of the oil you were using added before install? Was the entire system flushed? How much oil was added, and how much oil is in the system? Was it charged to the correct weight? What are the high and low side pressures? When the compressor runs, is the accumulator, and both lines going into the evaporator getting cold? Is the condenser, and the line from the compressor to it, getting hot?

• Like 1