Magnaflow on 2018 6.2l 8-speed

34 minutes ago, jimbowattz said:

While it's certainly not a loud setup, the video doesn't do it justice. It has more growl and deep tones in person. Lots of ambient noise in my surroundings.

Pretty mellow, magnaflow always gives a nice deep tone.. Just I wouldn't be afraid of ditching the flapper, really is a performance killer. with the HP of a 6.2 you really need a 3.5 inch or better pipe. the 12909 is a 3.5, but the flapper necks down to like a 2 3/4. so you have a pretty substantial choke point. Especially with a tune you want all the intake and exhaust you can get. On a 6.2 you can leave a lot on the table performance wise. Magnaflows are so quiet that it will still sound nice or even better.

Pretty mellow, magnaflow always gives a nice deep tone.. Just I wouldn't be afraid of ditching the flapper, really is a performance killer. with the HP of a 6.2 you really need a 3.5 inch or better pipe. the 12909 is a 3.5, but the flapper necks down to like a 2 3/4. so you have a pretty substantial choke point. Especially with a tune you want all the intake and exhaust you can get. On a 6.2 you can leave a lot on the table performance wise. Magnaflows are so quiet that it will still sound nice or even better.
Good point. I figured that clamping open flapper would be same as deleting it, but I hadn't considered that it may be smaller inside of the valve. Guess I have another project this weekend...

I'll post another video if sound changes any. I'll be deleting the valve while keeping resonator. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

On 6/1/2019 at 6:26 AM, cruzcode said:

How do you like your Borla? I want to do a video of mine for the sound, but haven’t yet.

RC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Time for the video. I really want to hear this setup!!!

The observations about the 12909 are spot on.  My 15 All Terrain 6.2 has had it installed since it was practically new.  Tone has not changed appreciably over 35K miles of use and it is not annoying sound/tone wise even when towing.  Nice mild deep tone and really wakes up at full throttle.  Do not have the flapper valve on my exhaust.

Edited by Lgetz
Left out a word

On 5/30/2019 at 4:38 AM, cruzcode said:

I ordered one off of Amazon $117, it came next day, and went down to my local muffler shop to have the Resonator after the axle, the flapper valve, and the factor muffler cut off, and replaced with the Magnaflow muffler, and it came out great on my 6.2L!

I'm gonna keep bugging you until you post a sound or video clip! :D

I've heard the system with the resonator left intact, but I'm very interested in hearing it without the resonator.

I live in SoCal if you're in the area, btw.

Edited by Mileguru