Universal Remote System

I disable the garage opener in my garage from opening with a remote when I'm home.  I'm pretty sure it prevented a thief from getting into my garage, as he used a tool to punch in my driver's side lock, but didn't steal anything from inside the truck (I had a bunch of equipment and tools in the truck).  It's possible he just botched the job by punching the lock, and the lock fell off the tool before he could twist it to unlock the truck...

5 hours ago, slide187 said:

This seems kinda chicken-egg to me. When you’re home, isn’t your truck IN your garage? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously not.

To each their own.

So I’m pretty sure they actually do turn off after a couple hrs. And as soon as you open a door they come back on with the basic systems before the key is in. So if someone did get a truck door open. They’d be working.

But you could always pull the overhead console and install an off off switch on the power wire so you can shut it off right when you park, or just get one of the internet gateways for your opener and use your phone and take the code out of the truck altogether. The MyQ app works pretty well. Plus it works from anywhere and you get notifications when a door opens or closes and you can see the current position of it as well.

I only use the supplied garage door opener. Its only with the vehicles that are in the garage. If the vehicles are outside the garage the remote can be taken inside.