Question. Tonneau cover and power tailgate

On 9/10/2019 at 4:54 PM, NeverCold said:

+1, I have an undercover ultraflex.  It stuck for a while, after a little adjustment and just using the tailgate more the power tailgate now works fine.

What adjustments did you have to make?  My ultraflex should be here in the next couple days.

GM soft tri fold.  Works great now- didn't at dealership.  The seal on the back has rins that from the factory point to the cab.  Not good ad that stops the gravity drop these gates require. I removed the seal and turned it so the ribs face the tailgate and bingo, drops everytime unless the nose it pointed down hill. 

20190925_135436.jpg

5 minutes ago, mwbutcher said:

GM soft tri fold.  Works great now- didn't at dealership.  The seal on the back has rins that from the factory point to the cab.  Not good ad that stops the gravity drop these gates require. I removed the seal and turned it so the ribs face the tailgate and bingo, drops everytime unless the nose it pointed down hill. 

20190925_135436.jpg

Here is the rib I was talking about.

20190925_135447.jpg

Edited by mwbutcher
Sp

9 minutes ago, Sjordan said:

What adjustments did you have to make?  My ultraflex should be here in the next couple days.

I made sure it was squared and just barely against the tailgate, and then compressed the foam by cycling the tailgate a few times.  That was the only part that was sticking at first, the actual install was fine and sqaure.  I am very happy with the tonneau.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:56 AM, snowman44 said:

Im curious if the gator tri fold would work the same as I prefer tri fold

I have the Gator tri-fold and have not yet found a way to allow the tailgate to still lower with the cover on and maintain 90+% water resistance.  I've only had it a week though and am still playing with the adjustments to see if I can get it to work.

Looking into buying one at our local Bill Spencer Chev.  They say the soft tri-fold works fine with the power release tailgate AS LONG AS we get the rails installed that lift the tri-fold slightly as to not put pressure on the top of the tailgate......sounds fine to us, so we will go that route...Brian

Edited by Hobey
Spelling errors

21 minutes ago, Hobey said:

Looking into buying one at our local Bill Spencer Chev.  They say the soft tri-fold works fine with the power release tailgate AS LONG AS we get the rails installed that lift the tri-fold slightly as to not put pressure on the top of the tailgate......sounds fine to us, so we will go that route...Brian

Post pics of the rails once you get it.  It will be interesting to see how the top looks with them.  Thanks 

17 minutes ago, mwbutcher said:

Post pics of the rails once you get it.  It will be interesting to see how the top looks with them.  Thanks 

Will do, of course.  May not happen for a few weeks .......txs

I have the BAK Flip 4 on my 2019 Sierra SLT Short Box with the Pro Tailgate .... it works just fine with one minor exception.

I had to pull it toward the tailgate to get the seal to meet the top of the gate.

When I did that the top section of the gate would not auto drop with the push button unless I gave it a little manual assist.

If I push the second button or the remote, the entire gate drops no problem with no manual assistance.

Caution to everyone installing one of these.

When you install the drain tube, be sure to make sure it goes through the grommet and then straight down.

If it goes the slightest but up or in a loop the cover's tracks will not properly drain.

8-01-2019 New Tonneaqu Cover.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just bought a 2019 Silverado and had a tonneau cover put on.  The remote tailgate won't go down, and I even have to manually hit the lock twice and pull the tailgate down to get it open.  Just got back from the dealership this evening to see if they could fix their own work and they said that it's the way they were built and I should at least be comforted that it has a good seal to keep the water out.  I'm calling BS on that - doesn't sound right, but I don't know what I can do.

15 hours ago, mportale said:

I just bought a 2019 Silverado and had a tonneau cover put on.  The remote tailgate won't go down, and I even have to manually hit the lock twice and pull the tailgate down to get it open.  Just got back from the dealership this evening to see if they could fix their own work and they said that it's the way they were built and I should at least be comforted that it has a good seal to keep the water out.  I'm calling BS on that - doesn't sound right, but I don't know what I can do.

What brand of cover? I have a Gator MX (Retrax/Embark) and my tailgate would intermittently stick until after a little use and the seal got conditioned. 

I would rather it seal tight than drop automatically.