T1 with Mountain Bike Set Up

2019 GMC AT4 6.2

Thule T2 Bike Rake

2018 Santa Cruz Blur - S Package

I like how I can open the bed up with a bike on the rack.  I keep finding useful things with this multi pro tailgate.  The rearview camera is also nice when a bike is on the rack.

Post your set up.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

• Like 4

• 9 months later...

I have a treated 2x6 that I can easily remove in the front of the bed with fork locks. Fits like a glove. I put the front wheel next to the rear on the outer sides and can lock the wheels/frame to the truck tie-downs with a cable lock. ?? 

Trek Fuel EX-5 29er with an upgraded 1x NX drivetrain for me, and a Specialized Rockhopper Comp 1X 29er hardtail for the Mrs. 

Too much rain lately, so all the trails in DFW are closed. Ugh. Bad timing for a "lock down" order. :(

IMG_4144.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 6:36 AM, TripleBGM said:

2019 GMC AT4 6.2

Thule T2 Bike Rake

2018 Santa Cruz Blur - S Package

I like how I can open the bed up with a bike on the rack.  I keep finding useful things with this multi pro tailgate.  The rearview camera is also nice when a bike is on the rack.

Post your set up.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

This is one of the main reasons why I’m looking to get a new truck. I was wondering if the small tailgate would able to open. I was planning on sitting on it to put my shoes on. Also looking forward to the rear view mirror camera when all the bikes are loaded up. 

Here’s my YT Jeffsy Pro Race

312F7CC2-2C8D-4C9D-8442-2B10A1C97ED1.jpeg

Edited by spizike9
  • Like 2

This is one of the main reasons why I’m looking to get a new truck. I was wondering if the small tailgate would able to open. I was planning on sitting on it to put my shoes on. Also looking forward to the rear view mirror camera when all the bikes are loaded up. 

Here’s my YT Jeffsy Pro Race
312F7CC2-2C8D-4C9D-8442-2B10A1C97ED1.thumb.jpeg.7df16d9f78a08e1cf031beb915a39578.jpeg

Very pretty. YT rider here too, don’t have a T1 though. 2019 Capra AL Comp, pic from my ride today

1e7d6c8e56107c2cd897239d919c0b37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My son and I built this.  Lets us get 4 in the short bed without removing a wheel.  This is in my old truck but it fits in the new AT4 as well.

With bikes, without bike, and we can even remove it to use as a bike stand.

nobike_sm.jpg

inBed_small.jpg

onground_sm.jpg

Edited by bowtie76
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Sjordan said:

You guys are going to make me buy a mountain bike.  Used to ride road and tri, but have been thinking about a mountain bike for a while.

Do. It’s better than road and tri. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 7:06 PM, bowtie76 said:

My son and I built this.  Lets us get 4 in the short bed without removing a wheel.  This is in my old truck but it fits in the new AT4 as well.

With bikes, without bike, and we can even remove it to use as a bike stand.

nobike_sm.jpg

inBed_small.jpg

onground_sm.jpg

Very Nice.  Do you strap them down or just load and go?

set the width so it holds the tires pretty well.  Around town and to local trails just drop them in and go.  If I'm going longer I would likely at least put a strap through the rims.  My 9yr old was pretty proud of how well it worked.

• 2 weeks later...

Just took delivery a new AT4 and I'm trying to figure out the bike solution now. I hate losing the bed, but i despise hitch mounts on a truck, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. I still have my old outboard mount from my old Tacoma (below), hopefully I can find a way to rig it up on the carbon bed...

As far as bikes... we've both got road, gravel, mountain, and i have a tri bike. We have a bit of a bike problem, but the stumpys below are my favorite.

IMG_20170617_110645 Med.jpg

20190712_202616 med.jpg

Just took delivery a new AT4 and I'm trying to figure out the bike solution now. I hate losing the bed, but i despise hitch mounts on a truck, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. I still have my old outboard mount from my old Tacoma (below), hopefully I can find a way to rig it up on the carbon bed...

As far as bikes... we've both got road, gravel, mountain, and i have a tri bike. We have a bit of a bike problem, but the stumpys below are my favorite.

581418120_IMG_20170617_110645Med.thumb.jpg.86f7d3805b9cb0f78f6d92a21201e86e.jpg
523123447_20190712_202616med.thumb.jpg.c06089dc9065d199e39af4992580d8e6.jpg
I like your old setup. Did you feel like you got any extra wind resistance from it?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk