Looking at a 2015 Sierra 2500HD

You guys aren’t proving some sort of a point and I’m not sure why you’re replying to me. I said the 2500 is a better over all package for towing.  So it would appear we’re in agreement on that.  I never said it was about the power of the motor. Point is put a 5.3 in a 2500 shell and it will perform just as well as the 6.0 in the same truck. The numbers are in fact that close and their power is made almost at the same points. 

And i to owned an 01 2500 with the 6.0.

My 17 1500 with a regear would tow circles around that old truck. 

12 hours ago, Jacoby said:

You guys aren’t proving some sort of a point and I’m not sure why you’re replying to me. I said the 2500 is a better over all package for towing.  So it would appear we’re in agreement on that.  I never said it was about the power of the motor. Point is put a 5.3 in a 2500 shell and it will perform just as well as the 6.0 in the same truck. The numbers are in fact that close and their power is made almost at the same points. 

I am agreeing with your assessment on the 2500HD as being a better suited truck for the job. The rest of my jargon was just a random rant. 

On 7/18/2019 at 8:56 AM, Jacoby said:

While definitely a better option over the 1500 that diesel sure would have been sweet.  Im not convinced the 6.0 is any better than the 5.3 as their numbers are damn near identical.  The advantage comes with the 2500 platform overall.  Bigger frame, stiffer suspension, taller gearing, etc.  Should make pulling the TT a munch better experience overall .  Congrats on the new ride

The 6.0 makes 90% of it's torque at 2000 rpm. Overall more torque earlier than the 5.3 Not a huge difference but it is enough to notice especially towing.

On 7/18/2019 at 8:00 PM, Jacoby said:

I also had an 2001 6.0 . If I remember that one only has 300 hp and 360 tq . Gas hog never got better than 13  mpg.

There is a big difference between the 2001 and the newer ones with 360/380

how big of a difference and how big of an improvement in fuel economy?  Just curious.  yes I know it's a HD truck not going to get good fuel economy anyway. 

What trailer ya got? I've got a 16 Silverado double cab with payload of 1723. And a 2018 jayco Whitehawk 29bh with a gvwr of 8500lbs I've upgraded to Bilsteins and new wheels and 10ply tires and with my blueox wdh hitch I'm totally confident in in the set up. Tire upgrade was night and day difference no bounching on the rear end. Am I over my limits on the truck not entirely sure as I haven't cat scaled but I know I'm close. If I frequented large grades with the trailer often I'd up to a Duramax

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Colossus said:

how big of a difference and how big of an improvement in fuel economy?  Just curious.  yes I know it's a HD truck not going to get good fuel economy anyway. 

Only had it a few days but so far it's getting a disappointing 13mpg around town. My 1500 was averaging 20mpg over 27,000 miles.

Time will tell...

38 minutes ago, Kyleorsini said:

What trailer ya got? I've got a 16 Silverado double cab with payload of 1723. And a 2018 jayco Whitehawk 29bh with a gvwr of 8500lbs I've upgraded to Bilsteins and new wheels and 10ply tires and with my blueox wdh hitch I'm totally confident in in the set up. Tire upgrade was night and day difference no bounching on the rear end. Am I over my limits on the truck not entirely sure as I haven't cat scaled but I know I'm close. If I frequented large grades with the trailer often I'd up to a Duramax

I have a Mallard M335. just short of 40ft ball to bumper. 8840lbs dry, 9900lbs GVWR. My Silvie was rated at 9400. It towed fine the 25 miles from the dealer but not sure how it would handle a long trip. We added a washer/dryer and a second A/C in addition to all of our other gear so pretty sure I was over 9400.

I have a Mallard M335. just short of 40ft ball to bumper. 8840lbs dry, 9900lbs GVWR. My Silvie was rated at 9400. It towed fine the 25 miles from the dealer but not sure how it would handle a long trip. We added a washer/dryer and a second A/C in addition to all of our other gear so pretty sure I was over 9400.
Yeah your definitely gonna be over. If you had the max tow package you'd be good for a little longer. And with that length a good strong wind your just asking for a unenjoyable time. I won't go any heavier or longer with my current one I'm 35' bumper to Hitch. I also drive a semi so towing is nothing for me but I'm definitely at my limits shocks and tires were a bandaid till she's paid off in a couple years.