Estimate my truck value

Most modified vehicles sell for less.  You can ask what you want but many are going to ignore vehicles with aftermarket stuff like Corsa Sport Exhaust and Blackbear performance tune.  Everyone is looking for a deal and they do not want to pay for extra stuff.  Sure maybe you will get a few inquires from people with the same taste in vehicles as you but most will not even consider the vehicle at all.  Sell below market value and you will get more lookers. 

Found this at local dealer as example;

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab Standard Box 4-Wheel Drive LT Z71

10,712 miles

$30,67

And you can bet the dealer  will take an offer for less.

Chevrolet Certified Pre-Owned

Edited by elcamino

I'd say you're in the ballpark, don't be surprised if you need to drop down to $25-26k... Look at what dealers are listing similar trucks for... Not aware of all factors involved but, selling to save for another truck might not be your best bet, maybe just pay extra on your truck instead?

• Like 1

Markets vary but I would expect a to pay in the lower 20's (privately) for a truck as you describe.  As suggested earlier, original condition will attract more interest.  Imcrazy's advice is probably the best.  I suspect that if current payments are preventing you from saving money then buying a newer vehicle will exacerbate the problem.  Appreciate the truck that you have and put more money to the principal.  Treat yourself to a little inexpensive bling once in awhile to maintain interest in your current truck.  Once you have it paid off, then save for a new vehicle.  There is a lot more pride that goes into owning a '16 than borrowing a "19", imo! 

3 hours ago, Imcrazy said:

I'd say you're in the ballpark, don't be surprised if you need to drop down to $25-26k... Look at what dealers are listing similar trucks for... Not aware of all factors involved but, selling to save for another truck might not be your best bet, maybe just pay extra on your truck instead?

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

Markets vary but I would expect a to pay in the lower 20's (privately) for a truck as you describe.  As suggested earlier, original condition will attract more interest.  Imcrazy's advice is probably the best.  I suspect that if current payments are preventing you from saving money then buying a newer vehicle will exacerbate the problem.  Appreciate the truck that you have and put more money to the principal.  Treat yourself to a little inexpensive bling once in awhile to maintain interest in your current truck.  Once you have it paid off, then save for a new vehicle.  There is a lot more pride that goes into owning a '16 than borrowing a "19", imo! 

Going to use one vehicle. Won’t have any car payments. Not buying another truck. Selling the truck and pocketing that money each month. Will then be able to save enough money next year to pay cash for my next vehicle in late 2020.

Mods bring very little resale.  I see a vehicle with even aftermarket wheels and I just picture the owner doing burnouts and snorting lines of coke off of the back seat.  I know it's not like that, but personally I have absolutely zero interest in buying a modified vehicle.   

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, i82much said:

Mods bring very little resale.  I see a vehicle with even aftermarket wheels and I just picture the owner doing burnouts and snorting lines of coke off of the back seat.  I know it's not like that, but personally I have absolutely zero interest in buying a modified vehicle.   

LOL I don't think that I paint such a negative picture but, yeah if I was selling outright I would totally de-mod the truck and not let on that I had made any changes to it.. I'd be very hesitant to buy a modded truck...

Edited by Imcrazy