MacLaren

2019 Silverado Ceramic Coat & Window Protection

I've posted this on other threads, but really want to go ahead and post a formal thread about my ceramic coating and window protection. After having for a few days, plus a 2 day 800+ mile trip, I am very happy with it and, certainly recommend having it done. Especially when new. 

The professional detailer I used ( Kings Corrections ) used IGL Quartz+ for the ceramic coating and Glassparency for the window protection.  Both imho, are just outstanding!

You can see the results of the before and after completion of the job and how it has held up thus far. It hasnt a speck of dirt anywhere. 

At any rate, I think it's a worthy investment.  

Here's some pics. The first 3 are right after he was done and the last pic is after after 3 days and over 800 miles.

FB_IMG_1564597456367.thumb.jpg.99d3e826d92b51a756f015b7efe776f1.jpg

FB_IMG_1564683365857.thumb.jpg.5066bcb6c76e89210d5ac20a0db7f1bf.jpg

FB_IMG_1564683557684.thumb.jpg.8aba92f1ef65407fe4ead3bfccf5e5ab.jpg

20190805_184218.thumb.jpg.180d5269afd40e4d756079b34eae41da.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mountain boy said:

Now you have more time not waxing your truck, looks good!

Thank you!

Looks awesome!  I’ve heard a lot of good things about IGL Quartz.   I’m getting my two front windows done next week.  Place I’m using carries XPEL coatings. I’d like to get all this done before doing the rust prevention treatment.  Krown or Rust Check.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Edited by rosepaule
Duplicate post without notifications. Want this one deleted.

How much was the ceramic coating and the windshield treatment?

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, rosepaule said:

How much was the ceramic coating and the windshield treatment?

$1,000

But, its IGL Quartz Plus & Glassparency 

3 year guarantee.

Get the IGL Kenzo if you can, or Quartz Plus is fine too. Kenzo is a 4 year guarantee 

Edited by MacLaren

So, I forgot to add, just how easy this thing is to keep clean now. Lol, she's as slick as snot when you wash her. I use MCGuiars Detailers Choice HYPER wash. 

2 cap fulls to a bucket. Also have a grit guard inside the bucket.

At any rate, she washes up so well and easy....

Man, I wish this was around back in the day. 

On 8/14/2019 at 6:55 PM, MacLaren said:

$1,000

But, its IGL Quartz Plus & Glassparency 

3 year guarantee.

Get the IGL Kenzo if you can, or Quartz Plus is fine too. Kenzo is a 4 year guarantee 

1k?? I am getting quoted over $2400 for Ceramic coat. but one shop is doing opticoat for $1200. WORTH IT??

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, pupabruh said:

1k?? I am getting quoted over $2400 for Ceramic coat. but one shop is doing opticoat for $1200. WORTH IT??

How long is the guarantee for that they are quoting you? Are they using IGL? What are they using for the actual ceramic coat?

Do they correct the paint first, then polish to a mirror finsih?

Mine is only 3 year guarantee but, its IGL Quartz Plus, which is a a 9H ceramic coat.

IGL Kenzo is a 10, but more expensive, some consider the ultimate and is a 4 year guarantee. ( Hardness from 1b to 10H )

IGL is good stuff, you might say :)

And, no going back every year for another coating....

And, another reason for the price is I've known the Master Detailer all my life. 

Edited by MacLaren

Ceramic Pro is much more expensive and they offer up to a Lifetime warranty with a once a year touch up, I like that. They do install it differently than anyone else and the techs have to be trained and certified to install. I have it and yes it cost a fortune. I don’t plan on buying another truck, I am no youngster. The picture shows the tech spraying Ceramic Pro on a Harley at the shop that did mine. One advantage to Ceramic Pro is they are Nationwide so if I need it say after an accident I can take it to any Ceramic Pro dealer and Ceramic Pro is covered by my insurance I checked, not all are.

F3BDD979-3EBD-495D-972B-1137CE04E4C4.jpeg

Yeah, IGL Master Detailers are certified as well.

Wander what Ceramic Pro actually uses for the ceramic coat, and what hardness is it?

I dont understand why you have to have redone every year??

Not knocking it, just curious.

20 hours ago, MacLaren said:

How long is the guarantee for that they are quoting you? Are they using IGL? What are they using for the actual ceramic coat?

Do they correct the paint first, then polish to a mirror finsih?

Mine is only 3 year guarantee but, its IGL Quartz Plus, which is a a 9H ceramic coat.

IGL Kenzo is a 10, but more expensive, some consider the ultimate and is a 4 year guarantee. ( Hardness from 1b to 10H )

IGL is good stuff, you might say :)

And, no going back every year for another coating....

And, another reason for the price is I've known the Master Detailer all my life. 

They are using ceramic pro It’s a 5 year warranty with yearly visits  and they need car for liek 3-5 days paint correction is included ( got black truck Friday ) 2019 

According to the Ceramic Pro website, the warranty depends on the package you purchase. Gold is lifetime, Silver is 5 years & Bronze is 2 years. All packages require a yearly servicing (inspection) & if it’s missed the warranty drops to the next lowest level. 9H with a top coat.

https://ceramicpro.com/ceramic-coating-for-cars-ceramic-pro/

3 hours ago, Wheelguy said:

According to the Ceramic Pro website, the warranty depends on the package you purchase. Gold is lifetime, Silver is 5 years & Bronze is 2 years. All packages require a yearly servicing (inspection) & if it’s missed the warranty drops to the next lowest level. 9H with a top coat.

https://ceramicpro.com/ceramic-coating-for-cars-ceramic-pro/

Good info. Thanx 

Ya know as long as the customer likes it, and especially if its warranted. Then it's all good.

I'm all for getting a car ceramic coated.

Man, washing sure is easier now lol...

Edited by MacLaren