2014 chevy Silverado Z71 Cam kit

I'm looking to put a performance cam kit on my Chevy, but I want to know what I should do to it before I put it on. So far I just got a cold air intake and exhaust system and what Cam Kit should I get and how much should I be paying?

Yes 5.3 and no that's what i wanna know, i was thinking of short tubes.
Are you looking mid range to top end power or low to mid range. I say this because I have had short and long tube on the same truck. Went from short to long and lost on the low to mid but gained mid to top end and this was with tunes. I haul and tow frequently so torque and power down low are my best friend.

Be prepared to drop some cash on a cam kit for the truck, it's not as easy as it used to be.  I'd recommend Texas Speed for your cam needs, they have L83 specific cams designed for these motors.  You'll need a cam, valve springs, pushrods, lifters and trays, vvt limiter, crank bolt, and head gaskets to complete a cam swap.  You're looking at a little over $1k in parts only, and you'll have to pull the motor to install the cam due to the oil pickup tube bolt location.

Anyways I would look into Speed Engineering long tubes and a custom flex fuel tune to start with before digging into the Gev V cam world.

Good luck man. 

Edited by pewterliftedz