Check engine light

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.  P20EE.... the same code that troubled many of us 2017-2018 model year owners with the duramax.  Took a year to get a fix.  In the meantime, my CEL came on probably 20 times.  Nice to see it comes back up in the new model.

16 hours ago, Girthyhawg said:

2020 HD light just came in tonight 1900mi... will update after dealer visit.

Just left dealer...

p20EE bulletin #pip5664a

reset nox1 sensor and performed box deduct any test.

asked dealer if it happens again, I hear some ppl have issue every 150mi... he said it won’t, so I’m wondering if that bulletin was the software fix?

SES light on 4 times since order. 2500 DMax Denali. Going back in on 9/30. The light comes on after a prolonged highway ride then disappears. P20EE, emissions. Correct, no remote start when it’s on and it’s pissing me off. Picked up with the 35 mile run-in and now have 1600 miles. 

8 minutes ago, Shawn T said:

SES light on 4 times since order. 2500 DMax Denali. Going back in on 9/30. The light comes on after a prolonged highway ride then disappears. P20EE, emissions. Correct, no remote start when it’s on and it’s pissing me off. Picked up with the 35 mile run-in and now have 1600 miles. 

AE290E84-D355-4868-832B-F3CC17D4044D.png

Check engine light came on yesterday at 6091 miles.  Going to take it in tomorrow to see what the deal is.  Was towing 200 miles from home so that was fun driving home hoping nothing major was wrong.

Edit: OnStar was finally able to get the diagnostics to work and it's the P20ee code.

Edited by Irish80

Had the check engine light come on, on my 2020 z71 dmax and also remote start didn't work as well. I have 800 miles on it. I took it into the dealer and i will hear back and update as well. The remote start doesnt work anytime the check engine light comes on, that is a feature as another user said. 

I was on a 1600 mile one way trip today and got the same check engine light...I was at 1650 on the odometer when it came on...OnStar ran diagnostics and told me to service at my convenience...it’s 20° where I’m at and would like to remote start...won’t be home until the 16th...I did get 20.5mpg over the 1630 miles...way better than my 19 power stroke 

Picked mine up from the dealer last night P20EE emissions code 2nd visit.  The first time they just reset it, this time loaded new software for the NOx sensor so I will cross my fingers and wait.  BTW the code only comes in on long highway trips. It usually resets (SES light) on its own a few days after city driving.  Which is nice because you get your remote start back.

• 2 weeks later...

'Remote start disabled' if there is an active CEL was a 'feature' on earlier generations as well. 

Dealer not filling the def tank at delivery has also been an ongoing problem, for as long as we've had def.

For many, this means and early and unexpected warning to add def -- and an assumption that it was because of high consumption rate. 

Just like fuel tank level, the def tank is NOT filled at the factory.  For trucks purchased after sitting on a lot this is probably a good thing.

38 minutes ago, redwngr said:

'Remote start disabled' if there is an active CEL was a 'feature' on earlier generations as well. 

Dealer not filling the def tank at delivery has also been an ongoing problem, for as long as we've had def.

For many, this means and early and unexpected warning to add def -- and an assumption that it was because of high consumption rate. 

Just like fuel tank level, the def tank is NOT filled at the factory.  For trucks purchased after sitting on a lot this is probably a good thing.

not checking DEF level is like not checking fuel gauge when picking up new at dealer. Its your fault. CEL has stayed off since fix at dealer last thursday. P20EE fix finally has worked.