Check engine light

20 hours ago, BB&Chiveon said:

not checking DEF level is like not checking fuel gauge when picking up new at dealer. Its your fault. CEL has stayed off since fix at dealer last thursday. P20EE fix finally has worked.

Might be true on 2020's, if the 'gauge' is accurate -- I don't have a '20, but it sounds like there are issues with it.

2011 there was no def gauge at all -- just the miles remaining warnings. 

2012 - 2019 have a def level indicator.  Won't tell you if it's full -- only gives a %  indication if it thinks their is less than 30%.  Above 30 it just says 'OK'.  Which of course is useless for 'checking to see if full'.  

Ya, I know, it's a 2020 thread.  

Edited by redwngr

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/11/2019 at 8:20 PM, BB&Chiveon said:

not checking DEF level is like not checking fuel gauge when picking up new at dealer. Its your fault. CEL has stayed off since fix at dealer last thursday. P20EE fix finally has worked.

What was the fix for this problem. I’ve been to dealer 3 times and they said GM told them the fuel pump module is bad. I doubt this is the problem 

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2020 at 9:23 PM, Fl cowboy said:

I have a 2018 idling around today got a p026d code can anyone give me advice

Truck thinks it has a faulty DEF sensor.

I'd guess they will install a new one. 

Let us know.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Scott V said:

I have a 2020 Sierra with 400 miles and the check engine light on.  I see others have had this issue.  Has it been resolved for most, or something I need to get used to. 

Not something to get used to.

At 400 miles, get it to a dealer and make use of the warranty you paid for.

There are 100's (or 1000's) of things that could be the cause for the light.  

Typically, much easier to find with some service training and with use of a diagnostic computer to help track it down.

7 hours ago, Scott V said:

I have a 2020 Sierra with 400 miles and the check engine light on.  I see others have had this issue.  Has it been resolved for most, or something I need to get used to. 

You can hit the OnStar button, and they will give you the error codes / DTC's if you are curious...

• 1 month later...

Check engine came on my truck today at 15k. I went to auto-zone to get check and it wasn’t showing anything (maybe truck is too new for their device) and thn I called OnStar (P20EE) showed. 

I’ll be going to dealer next week.

Edited by TrailDemon

I got the P20EE code at 800 miles after pulling a trailer for an extended period of time. I reset the light and it has not come back on in over 7000 miles.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, bowtie2007 said:

I got the P20EE code at 800 miles after pulling a trailer for an extended period of time. I reset the light and it has not come back on in over 7000 miles.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I hate to see that light so I reset as well. Already drove 100+ miles and still clear dash 

• 6 months later...

5,777 miles.

2020 Chevy Silverado 2500.

When put in drive, lags down, truck shuts down. Rear end locked up when trying to put on flatbed tow truck. Same email as others : engine and transmission issue detected. 
being towed to the dealership as I type this.

12/28/20

17:00

• 2 months later...