Check engine light

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, bharris515 said:

Bad glow plug. Had to order it. Going back tomorrow to get it fixed. On a side note I noticed my remote start quit working before the engine light. They said the glow plug was more than likely the issue there. 

CEL causes remote start not to function on previous generations as well.

Edited by redwngr

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up....there is a known software issue based on a GMC Service Bulletin where the NOx sensor is incorrectly reading the exhaust values. There is no fix in place as of now, as the Engineers are working to update the software. I had mine come on at 1700 miles and serviced. They cleared the code and its back. No issue with Glow Plugs and etc. 

On 9/9/2019 at 10:01 AM, BB&Chiveon said:

is that code P20ee? mine just popped that up saturday

i got the same P20EE  (emissions issue) yesterday with 565 miles on my 2 day old 2020 3500 Denali...(500 of those miles were from the dealer driving it down from another dealer).

also, no remote start, side veiw mirror indicators only turn on when a car is half way past, got email from onstar saying problem with my airbags (Onstar rep says they have no record of it!), screen blacks out occasionally...not happy.  I've had Yukon XL's for a long time-never a problem.  This truck though---...

18 hours ago, hptulsa said:

i got the same P20EE  (emissions issue) yesterday with 565 miles on my 2 day old 2020 3500 Denali...(500 of those miles were from the dealer driving it down from another dealer).

also, no remote start, side veiw mirror indicators only turn on when a car is half way past, got email from onstar saying problem with my airbags (Onstar rep says they have no record of it!), screen blacks out occasionally...not happy.  I've had Yukon XL's for a long time-never a problem.  This truck though---...

Dealer says there is a service bulletin w/fix for the P20EE per "PIP5664A" this also covered an issue that may indicate the air bag has issue.  Just got them fixed today...we'll see if it sticks!