Had to replace a broken window regulator - now it performs an extra feature

So I came out one morning to find the drivers front window all the way down. It wouldn't roll up. Found out the regulator had broken. Ordered a replacement from Oreillys and changed it out. Think it was Dorman brand, but looked just like the original. Then I noticed when i opened or closed the door, there was a strange noise i hadn't heard before. So now, when you pull the handle to open the door , the window drops ever so slightly, like 1/4". And when you close the door, it rolls back up. Crazy. Only one window does it.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Only vehicle I’ve seen that on is a mustang where the top of the window compresses a gasket. i.e. the door doesn’t have a frame all the way around the window. You might have got the wrong part...dorman is bottom of the barrel on most stuff they make.  

This is standard operation on any newer vehicle that doesn’t have a full door frame above the window.  For example, Corvettes at least C6 generation and newer all do this as it’s the only good way to get the window glass to seal at the top.

I’d say you received a window regulator that has incorrect programming in it and is responding to the door open message on the datalink when it should not be.

• 3 months later...