2019 T1 Silverado 4Cyl Engine Problems

I recently purchased a 2020 Silverado LT with the 2.7. Unfortunately it has been at the dealership more than in my driveway. When starting cold it goes into what they call "Max cooling" they took it in and rebooted the computer and reset the codes and gave it back to me. drove it home started the next morning and the same issue was still present. Very irritating to purchase a new vehicle and not have the ability to have in your possession. They currently have it at there facility and told me they are replacing physical parts. Not exactly sure what that entails. Plan on calling today to get some answers. At the point  honestly the buying experience has been mauled to death and my trust in this vehicle compromised. 

On 8/22/2019 at 10:52 AM, AlljackedupZ71 said:

You can have your 4 cylinders. I dont care how much power it makes... or feels like a V8. The sound of 4 cylinder is is terrible IMO. I hear ecoboost V6 trucks running around with aftermarket exhausts and they even sound out of place. 4 cylinder.... nope. ?? Every time I have driven a 4 cylinder car with a few thousand miles on it.. they rattle and vibrate and sound like heck.

Nope. Hahah.

Thats my biggest gripe with the ECOboosts. Great power, phenomenal low end torque but they sound awful. And the Raptor sound is downright embarrassing. 

• 1 year later...

I did a great deal of research before we bought our 2019 with the 2.7T. Drove three separate trucks before I was convinced. Purchased in December of 2020 with 16k miles on the odometer, now sitting at something like 38k. Zero problems. Hauled a 24ft Jayco White Hawk from Ohio to Utah with a nasty headwind with no problem. Then, towed a 1995 Range Rover on a dolly from Ohio to Utah with no issue. A few months prior, it hauled the same Range Rover on a 2200lb trailer with no issue after someone stole the catalytic converters. It tows and handles just as well as the 2003 Quadrasteer Silverado that it replaced. A little better, in fact, because it's got more than 4 gears and doesn't scream like a stuck pig in second gear at the sight of any sort of hill. 

I am in no way shocked at the shortsightedness of most of the people here. "IF IT AINT GOT A V8 IT AINT A TRUCK" Yeah, ok.