Frustrated

My 2008 silverado 2500 hd with 6.6 duramax threw a code saying that the engine coolant temp sensor was bad so i replaced both of them now my temp gauge still doesnt move and a/c just flashes and now has a code for transmission temp sensor is it common for these to go out one after another?

I know how these issues can burn a hole in you. Ever since GM and Chevy went to LS V8s, Duramaxs, 4.3 3.8 v6 Engines, these symptoms you are having is actually that way. For example, my 2001 S10 4.3 4x4 has 2 sensors that caused it to idle rough, and shift hard. 

These new engine classes utilize the new style distributors associated with the main CPUs. Keep in mind Duramaxs have 2 cpus. The engines use multiple sensors to keep engine in tune with with everything. The old days of advancing distributors on the 350s are obsolete. All the new are set with preset sync sensors as you are probably aware. With my S10, I changed out Air Maf sensor, still had idle issues, changed out distributor, still had hard shifts and idle issues. Then I learned the harmonic sync sensor can cause same problem, it was located on bottom of engine behind the belt, as soon as I replaced it, truck runs like a top.  Hope this helps

• Like 1

You may wish to disregard information about how to fix a gas engine, as mentioned in the previous post.

I don't personally know much about the Duramax's, dieselplace.com has a bunch of people that seem to be reasonably knowledgeable and helpful with them...