2014 Silverado value

54 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Beautiful truck!  A well written ad will spark interest.  I'd focus on the Lingenfelter package, low mileage and that its been treated as a show vehicle since new.  If Lingfeller installed the package, I'd state this clearly in the add with a link to their website.  I'd also phone Lingfeller and see if they have a recommended advertiser.  I agree with others that most of your other additions will not add value but may also be expected when purchasing a premium used vehicle.  Price your truck on the high end of the KBB recommendation.  Remember that potential buyers will expect to negotiate so establish what you will accept and set your asking price accordingly.  Your costly modifications will limit interest, but may attract a knowledgeable and enthusiastic buyer!

Thank you very good points.

Yes I have all documentation from lingenfelter.

1 hour ago, Texas Daddy said:

Nice clean truck! While I always wanted to add a SC to my own, Im not sure I would trust a used one - was it some rich kid's present to rag on all day or a guy trying to tow a 13k lb boat? Low miles, so I would be wary. Also, 2014 is a 1st year redesign thats now 2 grills out of date. You are essentially a 6.2 with that mileage, so I would look at that value to compare. I remove all my assessories before trading in a truck as they give no value...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Understand what you are saying.

I'm not a young kid or use it to haul as I have a tow pig for that.

If you would have read a little I state the truck had never been out in winter and only caught out in 2 rain storms.  As for the towing you could look at the hitch and see nothing has ever been inserted in there.

Thank you for your input.

You would do better putting the truck back to stock and selling the performance parts separately...   You would come out quite a bit further ahead then selling complete even if you have to source an intake and stock exhaust.  The blower and headers on the truck cut your buyer demographic to enthusiasts only and they look at the price and think I can build it for less than 45k.. and they probably can.  

Yes I have taken my own advice in the past and done better than selling the vehicle modded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SierraHD17 said:

You would do better putting the truck back to stock and selling the performance parts separately...   You would come out quite a bit further ahead then selling complete even if you have to source an intake and stock exhaust.  The blower and headers on the truck cut your buyer demographic to enthusiasts only and they look at the price and think I can build it for less than 45k.. and they probably can.  

Yes I have taken my own advice in the past and done better than selling the vehicle modded.

I do have all the stock parts so that is not a problem.

My only problem is I dont have the stock tune to put back in the truck.

Thank you for the advice.

TBH you would probably be best off to sell your aftermarket parts separate and trade the truck in as stock. You would get the value you want for your parts, and still get a fair value for the truck. Assuming you didn't let Lingenfelter keep all your OEM stuff of course. If you wait long enough you will find a younger guy who wants a late model modified truck over a new one. As a HP junkie myself, I wouldn't buy any modified trucks because I know they have been driven. That's why I only look at Z06 Corvettes owned by 70y/o's. 

For what it’s worth, I just saw a dealer ad near me for a 23k mile ‘17 3500 Crew cab 4x4 LTZ with a duramax and Allison, for $49k, with a warranty. At your price of $45k, you’re competing with brand new trucks with factory warranty that hadn’t been fiddled with. Selling your truck with such low miles with the blower screams “it’s got a problem I can’t figure out” whether or not that’s the case; personally I don’t even look at someone else’s project when shopping. The low miles only supports that to a potential buyer... why hasn’t it been driven? Did the blower kill the engine or transmission? Who would put that money and effort into a truck (to enjoy driving it) only to not drive it?  The no warranty is a big killer on the deal...I just bought my late ‘16 for $24k with 100k mile warranty, you can get CPO ‘18s (or even brand new 18s if you can find them) in the mid $30s by now. The ‘20s are rolling out. It’s gonna take a very special type of person to drop anything over $30k for someone else’s 6 year old project with no warranty, sorry to be a negative Nancy. Good luck!

Edited by dukedkt442

5 hours ago, dukedkt442 said:

For what it’s worth, I just saw a dealer ad near me for a 23k mile ‘17 3500 Crew cab 4x4 LTZ with a duramax and Allison, for $49k, with a warranty. At your price of $45k, you’re competing with brand new trucks with factory warranty that hadn’t been fiddled with. Selling your truck with such low miles with the blower screams “it’s got a problem I can’t figure out” whether or not that’s the case; personally I don’t even look at someone else’s project when shopping. The low miles only supports that to a potential buyer... why hasn’t it been driven? Did the blower kill the engine or transmission? Who would put that money and effort into a truck (to enjoy driving it) only to not drive it?  The no warranty is a big killer on the deal...I just bought my late ‘16 for $24k with 100k mile warranty, you can get CPO ‘18s (or even brand new 18s if you can find them) in the mid $30s by now. The ‘20s are rolling out. It’s gonna take a very special type of person to drop anything over $30k for someone else’s 6 year old project with no warranty, sorry to be a negative Nancy. Good luck!

I follow your logic and it reflects the thoughts of the majority of buyers when looking for a used truck.  Others will see this as an opportunity to get a professionally upgraded truck in mint condition.  Lingenfelter Performance is a well known and respected company.  A performance package recently installed by them in a close to pristine truck will appeal to those familiar with the company and interested in a high performance, stock looking truck  It will be at a  proportionately better price point than a new truck with a new Lingenfelter Performance upgrade.   I too shy away from vehicles that show signs of DIY but this is in a different category, imo, and will attract interest.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

I follow your logic and it reflects the thoughts of the majority of buyers when looking for a used truck.  Others will see this as an opportunity to get a professionally upgraded truck in mint condition.  Lingenfelter Performance is a well known and respected company.  A performance package recently installed by them in a close to pristine truck will appeal to those familiar with the company and interested in a high performance, stock looking truck  It will be at a  proportionately better price point than a new truck with a new Lingenfelter Performance upgrade.   I too shy away from vehicles that show signs of DIY but this is in a different category, imo, and will attract interest.

You my good sir bring up all the valid  points that most people overlook.  Most people think shade tree upgrades, but this was done by lingenfelter in Decatur Indiana.  I personally dropped off and picked up the truck.  They are top notch with state of the art facilities.

Thank you for your kind words.

• Like 1